MNUFC Signs Chase Gasper and Hassani Dotson
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Minnesota United today announced it has signed 2019 MLS SuperDraft first-round pick Chase Gasper and second-round pick Hassani Dotson.
"We're pleased with both of them in preseason," said MNUFC Head Coach Adrian Heath. "When we drafted Chase after we'd seen him at the combine, we thought he looked as though he was probably more physically ready than most people. Hassani has come in and changed our perception on him. We thought he might take the time to physically be up to it, but the pair of them have stepped right in and looked very comfortable in the environment that they're in. We've been really pleased with the pair of them and we think, if they can keep working as hard as they've done so far, they're going to do very well."
Gasper, 23, was selected 15th overall by MNUFC from Maryland where he helped lead the Terrapins to the 2018 NCAA National Championship. The fullback began his college career at UCLA, where he was named to the Pacific 12 All-Freshman Second Team in 2014. Gasper has represented the United States at multiple levels, with nine appearances for the U21 team and 12 for the U18 team. He made his Loons preseason debut in the first half of a friendly against FC Tucson and was on the starting XI facing Phoenix Rising. He also earned minutes against fellow MLS team Houston Dynamo.
"I've been dreaming of this day ever since I started playing soccer and knew that I wanted to pursue it professionally," said Gasper. "I'm incredibly thankful to the club as a whole, my coaches, and all my teammates for believing in me. I can't wait to work my hardest and play my best for the team."
Dotson, 21, was selected 31st overall from Oregon State, where he was named to the USC Second Team All-Far West Region, the Second Team All Pacific 12 Conference and was a Pacific 12 Conference Academic Honorable Mention in his senior year. The midfielder made his Loons preseason debut in the second half facing Tucson FC and earned minutes in the second half against Phoenix Rising and Houston Dynamo.
"This is a dream come true," said Dotson. "I'm excited for the opportunity to push myself to get better every day and, even more so, to be a Loon."
Gasper and Dotson join fifth overall pick Dayne St. Claire, a goalkeeper out of Maryland, who already signed with MNUFC by way of his being a Generation adidas player.
Download the new MNUFC Mobile App and get Minnesota United in the palm of your hand. Stay on top of news, updates, stats, roster information and league standings, plus access and manage your digital tickets beginning in late February. Available for iPhone and Android devices. Get the app at mnufc.com/app.
Transaction: Minnesota United signs Chase Gasper and Hassani Dotson.
Date of birth: 1.25.1996
Birthplace: Alexandria, Virginia
Hometown: Alexandria, Virginia
Citizenship: United States
Date of birth: 08.06.1997
Birthplace: Federal Way, Washington
Hometown: Federal Way, Washington
Citizenship: United States
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 16, 2019
- Orlando City SC Defeats NYCFC in OC Invitational - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Continue Mobile Mini Sun Cup Play against New York Red Bulls Saturday Night - Portland Timbers
- Real Salt Lake Opens Arizona Stint with 4-1 Win over Phoenix Rising FC - Real Salt Lake
- D.C. United Win 1-0 against the Tampa Bay Rowdies in the Suncoast Invitational - D.C. United
- Adi, Mattocks record goals in FCC's first match of Carolina Challenge Cup - FC Cincinnati
- Revolution Fall to Minnesota United FC, 1-0, in Orlando City Invitational - New England Revolution
- Chicago Fire Draws Columbus Crew SC 1-1 in Carolina Challenge Cup - Chicago Fire
- Impact Defeats the Philadelphia Union 1-0 in Third Preseason Game - Montreal Impact
- Earthquakes Defeat LAFC 3-0 in Preseason Contest - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Drops 3-0 Contest against San Jose Earthquakes on Saturday Afternoon - Los Angeles FC
- FC Dallas Defeats Seattle Sounders FC, 2-1 - FC Dallas
- Sounders FC Concludes Tucson Training Camp with Final Exhibition Match Versus FC Dallas - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Cincinnati Loan Logan Gdula to Phoenix Rising FC - FC Cincinnati
- MNUFC Signs Chase Gasper and Hassani Dotson - Minnesota United FC
- LyesMTLin Dallas for the eMLS League Series Two Tournament - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota United FC Stories
- Minnesota United Announces 2020 Home Opener for 25th Season of MLS
- MNUFC Selects Gregory Ranjitsingh in 2019 End-Of-Year Waiver Draft
- MNUFC 2019 Season-End Roster Update
- Abu Danladi Selected by Nashville SC in 2019 Expansion Draft
- MNUFC Receives $600,000 in Allocation Money and Marlon Hairston in Trade with Houston Dynamo