MNUFC and Michelob Golden Light Say "Thank You MN" to Healthcare Workers
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - On National Nurses Day, Minnesota United and Michelob Golden Light team up to say "Thank You MN" to healthcare workers in the Twin Cities by providing lunches to M Health Fairview clinics throughout the month of May.
"COVID-19 is relentless, so we have to be relentless in our support of our healthcare workers, who are on the frontlines every day, until this is beat. We also have to take care of our community, and we need to do whatever we can to help over the longer term," said Minnesota United CEO Chris Wright. "We're honored to be working with Michelob Golden Light to provide lunches to M Health Fairview workers, and take care of them in any way we can."
The program Thank You MN will deliver lunch and MNUFC gifts once a week for six weeks to the clinic floors at M Health Fairview. Lunches will be delivered from Twin Cities-based restaurants. Additionally, MNUFC and Michelob Golden Light are asking fans to support M Health Fairview's Feeding the Frontline MN program, which supports frontline workers and healthcare workers impacted by COVID-19 by providing both nutrient-dense, healthy meals and funds to those facing financial challenges.
The 2020 MLS season is currently suspended to help ensure the health and safety of our fans, players, coaches and staff during the COVID-19 outbreak. Please follow Minnesota United's social channels and check our website mnufc.com for regular updates on the club and the season going forward.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 6, 2020
- COO & Sporting Director Paul McDonough Provides Details on Individual Workouts - Inter Miami CF
- Portland Timbers to Return to Individual Workouts Thursday - Portland Timbers
- Whitecaps FC Forward Yordy Reyna Enters 14-Day Quarantine After Breaking Physical Distancing Protocols - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Wells Fargo Helps Earthquakes Extend Neighborhood Heroes Initiative - San Jose Earthquakes
- MNUFC and Michelob Golden Light Say "Thank You MN" to Healthcare Workers - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Unites to Thank Frontline and Essential Workers - MLS
- Atlanta United players return to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Training Ground for individual workouts - Atlanta United FC
- Atlanta United Partners with American Family Insurance and Gusto to Kick off Nurses Appreciation Week - Atlanta United FC
- Houston Dash to Conduct Voluntary Individual Workouts this Afternoon, Dynamo to Begin Thursday - Houston Dynamo
- Our Real Heroes: Dr. Raymond Franklin & Dr. Steve Cheung - Orlando City SC
- MLSE Community Food Donation Program Expands to Include Bmo Field and Bmo as Partners Team up to Help 'Bring Toronto Back to Its Feet' - Toronto FC
- Today at Inter Miami: Players Begin Individual Workouts at Inter Miami CF Training Complex - Inter Miami CF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota United FC Stories
- Loons Head to Sporting Kansas City December 2 for Conference Semifinals
- Loons Win First MLS Playoff Game
- Minnesota United FC vs. Colorado Rapids Preview
- Loons Host Colorado Rapids in Round One of 2020 Playoffs
- MNUFC Midfielder Kevin Molino Voted MLS Player of the Week