MLS Disciplinary Committee Suspends San Jose Midfielder Marvin Chavez
May 10, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK (May 10, 2013) - The MLS Disciplinary Committee has suspended San Jose Earthquakes midfielder Marvin Chavez for two games and fined him an undisclosed amount for violent conduct that endangered the safety of his opponent, Toronto FC defender Logan Emory, in the 58th minute of their game on May 8 (VIDEO).
Today the MLS Players Union informed the League that Chavez will appeal the second game of the suspension. Chavez will serve the first game of his suspension this Saturday when the Earthquakes play at Seattle Sounders FC. The result of the appeal of the second game's suspension will be announced at a later date.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 10, 2013
- Avila Provides Experience Heading into Portland - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Warzycha Turns to Youth with O'Rourke out against Rapids - Columbus Crew SC
- Sporting KC Aims to End Houston's Home Unbeaten Streak on Sunday - Sporting Kansas City
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Suspends San Jose Midfielder Marvin Chavez - MLS
- Second Home Game this Week Pits Revolution against New York Red Bulls - New England Revolution
- RSL DF Carlos Salcedo Eligible for Saturday's Match at Montreal - Real Salt Lake
- Impact Hosts Real Salt Lake on Saturday - Montreal Impact
- Real Salt Lake Match Preview: RSL at Montreal Impact - Real Salt Lake
- Preview: Crew vs. Rapids - Columbus Crew SC
- MLS Match Preview: Crew vs. Rapids - Columbus Crew SC
- Chivas USA Acquire Midfielder Aaron Ponce - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Tchani Settles into Midfield Role - Columbus Crew SC
- D.C. United Announces Details of Annual Celebrity Golf Tournament - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.