MLS Disciplinary Committee Suspends and Fines Chicago Fire Defender Wells Thompson
April 25, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK (April 25, 2013) - The MLS Disciplinary Committee has suspended Chicago Fire defender Wells Thompson one game and fined him an undisclosed amount for a reckless challenge that endangered the safety of his opponent, Columbus Crew midfielder AgustÃ-n Viana in the 12th minute of their April 20 match. Thompson was issued a yellow card on the play, and the Committee unanimously determined that additional sanction was warranted. (VIDEO)
Thompson will serve his suspension this Saturday when the Fire travel to face the Montreal Impact.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 25, 2013
- Landon Donovan Eager to Get Fit in Time for Real Salt Lake - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Kraft Family's Pledge to One Fund Boston Nets $617,000 to Date - New England Revolution
- Timbers Weekly Update - Portland Timbers
- Sean Franklin Provides Pace and Experience on the Right Flank - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Heaps on McInerney: "The Less he's Involved, the More Dangerous he is" - New England Revolution
- Impact SoSc Launches Camp for Elite Goalkeepers - Montreal Impact
- Real Salt Lake Update - Real Salt Lake
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Suspends and Fines Chicago Fire Defender Wells Thompson - MLS
- Chicago Fire Defender Wells Thompson Suspended by MLS Disciplinary Committee - Chicago Fire
- Timbers U-23s Add Four More Players for 2013 - Portland Timbers
- Heaps Ponders Center Back Options - New England Revolution
- LA Galaxy Academy Update - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Warzycha Confident as Speas Develops into Consistent Threat - Columbus Crew SC
- Crew Youth Update - Columbus Crew SC
- Camilo scores twice and Heinemann nets the winner in the ACC semifinal first leg - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.