MLS Cups and More: Drew Moor Relives His Favorite Moments in BurgundyÃÂ
After announcing his retirement from professional soccer, MLS veteran defender Drew Moor recounted his favorite memories with the Rapids. Here are his Top 3:
3) Rapids Debut - September 5, 2009
Colorado Rapids 1, Toronto FC 0
Just five days after being traded from FC Dallas, Moor took to the Rapids' pitch for the first time in a burgundy kit. He'd only managed to squeeze in two training sessions with his new teammates before making his debut at altitude.
"I remember in the locker room, Gary Smith, our coach at the time, was talking about the game and he singled me out and said 'That's one of the best debuts that I had ever seen.' And to hear that from my coach, somebody who grew up in Europe and played over there and coached over there, it meant a lot and to establish myself with my new teammates who I just met a couple of days prior meant a lot to me. So my first game was pretty special."
2) 2021 Decision Day - November 7, 2021
Colorado Rapids 5, LAFC 2
Shortly after collecting his 400th appearance in the league, the defender added "Best in the West" to his impressive list of accomplishments for the Rapids.
The Burgundy Boys' resounding win over LAFC to take the top spot in the Western Conference at the conclusion of the 2021 regular season was something Moor will never forget. Even though Colorado secured their three points by the final whistle, it wasn't until other results from around the league poured in that the Rapids knew they stood atop the West.
"We were actually on the field enjoying our victory when we heard that we won the West and you could hear the crowd go crazy," he said. "To have a new set of faces to celebrate with on the field but with the same organization that I've been able to celebrate with before was awesome."
1) 2010 MLS Cup - November 21, 2010
Colorado Rapids 2, FC Dallas 1
For Moor, nothing can top winning the league's biggest contest in a Rapids jersey.
The cold matchup at BMO Field against his former team lasted a full 90 minutes plus two overtime periods, with Moor playing every second of it.
"Trophies are what we play the game for. We spent countless hours, a lot of tough days, a lot of good days, the ups and downs of an entire season to the culminated championship in 2010 with a group that you would run through a brick wall for and a group of fans who you would run through a brick wall for and the coaching staff who you would run through a brick wall for was was amazing."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 4, 2022
- Inter Miami CF Signs Stefan "Don" Borrello as Second eMLS Athlete in Club History for 2023 eMLS Season - Inter Miami CF
- Inter Miami CF and Florida Blue Host Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for Florida Blue Training Center - Inter Miami CF
- Colorado Rapids Academy Goalkeeper Leonardo Medina Called up to Mexico U-16 Men's Youth National Team Training Camp - Colorado Rapids
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Whitecaps FC CEO & Sporting Director Axel Schuster Signed to Four-Year Contract Extension - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Win and We're In: How Inter Miami Can Clinch Playoffs on WednesdayÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Christian Lattanzio Approaching Must Win Game with Ambition But Remaining Humble - Charlotte FC
- Roster Rules: Charlotte FC vs. Columbus Crew - Charlotte FC
- Statement from Thorns FC Owner/CEO Merritt Paulson - Portland Timbers
- Maciel Undergoes Successful Surgery to Repair Left Achilles Tendon - New England Revolution
- This Sunday: All Eyes on MLS Decision Day 2022 - MLS
- Philadelphia Union Announce WSFS Bank Sportsplex, a Premier Destination for Sports and Recreation - Philadelphia Union
- Playoff Scenarios for Charlotte FC on October 5th - Charlotte FC
- Another Must Win Match: Ingredients of the Match - Charlotte FC
- Inter Miami CF to Host Orlando City SC on Wednesday for a Crucial Matchup - Inter Miami CF
- MLS Cups and More: Drew Moor Relives His Favorite Moments in BurgundyÃÂ - Colorado Rapids
- Venue Confirmed for New York City Football Club Audi 2022 MLS Cup Playoffs First-Round MatchÃÂ - New York City FC
- Orlando City Heads South to Battle Intrastate Foe Inter Miami CF - Orlando City SC
- New England Revolution Academy Highlights: October 4, 2022 - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- "Going to Give 100% Every Single Day": Chris Armas Is Ready to Deliver for the Rapids
- Colorado Rapids Announce Year-End Roster Updates
- Colorado Rapids Appoint Chris Armas as Head Coach
- Patience and Self-Belief Drive Cole Bassett Closer to Achieving Olympic Dream with Call up to November Training Camp
- Rapids Academy Players Miguel Alvarado and Owen Malick Called into U.S. U-16 Men's Youth National Team for Domestic Training Camp