Minor League Baseball Delays Season
St. Petersburg, FL. - Minor League Baseball (MiLB) issued the following statement today:
"In light of the current coronavirus outbreak, and after consultation with medical professionals and our partners at Major League Baseball, Minor League Baseball will delay the start of the 2020 Championship Season. We will continue to monitor the developments and will announce additional information about the 2020 season at a later date. We will work with Major League Baseball and our community partners to resume play as soon as it is safe to do so. The health and safety of Minor League Baseball fans, players and executives is our top priority, and our thoughts are with those around the world who have been affected by this outbreak."
For those that have purchased tickets to games affected by the delay, a Woodpeckers ticket representative will be in communication to discuss the team's ticket exchange policy. We appreciate your patience while our staff determines next steps and begins outreach to our customers.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from March 12, 2020
- Minor League Baseball Delays Season - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- MILB to Delay Start of 2020 Salem Red Sox Season - Salem Red Sox
- Minor League Baseball Statement Regarding 2020 Season - Frederick Keys
- Salem Red Sox Announce Broadcaster for 2020 Season - Salem Red Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fayetteville Woodpeckers Stories
- Woodpeckers Announce 2021 Season Schedule
- Official Fayetteville Woodpeckers Statement on Affiliation
- Woodpeckers Announce Valentine's Dining Experience at Segra Stadium
- Segra Stadium to Host Second Chicken Sale
- Woodpeckers 2021 Full & Half Season Memberships on Sale Tuesday, October 13