Minnesota United Announce Forward Madison FC as USL Affiliate
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- Minnesota United today announced a new affiliation agreement with United Soccer League (USL) side Forward Madison FC.
Per the one-year partnership, MNUFC will have the ability to send players on loan to Madison with an option to recall those players at any point during the loan. The partnership also allows for shared scouting networks and technical resources between the two clubs as well as opportunities for closed door scrimmages.
"We are excited to partner with a club like Madison, a club that has great ambition to build the sport of soccer," said MNUFC Sporting Director Manny Lagos. "The proximity of our clubs allows us to share scouting and sporting resources, we can get our younger players meaningful minutes to develop and help players returning from injury. Madison has a staff that we know well and who supports our goals of growing soccer throughout our entire region."
"This will be a mutually beneficial partnership that will help Forward Madison's launch phase tremendously on and off the field," said Peter Wilt, Managing Director of Forward Madison. "I'm excited to work again with Manny Lagos and Amos Magee. They are sharp soccer executives and have already assisted us greatly."
Forward Madison FC was launched as Madison's first professional soccer team by Big Top Soccer on May 17, 2018. The club will play at historic Breese Stevens Field in USL League One beginning with the 2019 season.
"Having this opportunity to work with Minnesota both on and off of the field is a huge benefit for our organization," said Forward Madison Head Coach Daryl Shore. "I am really looking forward to working with Adrian Heath and his technical staff as we look to develop players as well as be in the hunt to win trophies. Both Adrian and I have worked at both levels so I think we understand the importance of this relationship on both sides." I am also excited to work with Manny and Amos, two guys again, who have worked at both levels of soccer and understand the importance of this relationship."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 7, 2018
- Schweinsteiger, Nikolic Announced as 2018 Club Award Winners - Chicago Fire
- Whitecaps FC Announce First-Team Coaching Staff Under Head Coach Marc Dos Santos - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Minnesota United Announce Forward Madison FC as USL Affiliate - Minnesota United FC
- FC Cincinnati to Break Ground on West End Stadium December 18 in Public Ceremony - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota United FC Stories
- MNUFC 2018 Expansion Draft Protected Player List Announced
- Minnesota United Announce Forward Madison FC as USL Affiliate
- Tickets to the 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup at Allianz Field in Minnesota Sold Out
- Allianz Field to Host St. Thomas vs. Saint John's Football Game
- MNUFC Season-End Roster Update