Minnesota Lynx Sign Mikayla Pivec
MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL - Minnesota Lynx Head Coach and General Manager Cheryl Reeve today announced that the team has signed guard Mikayla Pivec to the team's training camp roster. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not released.
The 23-year-old, originally selected by Atlanta in the third round (25th overall) of the 2020 WNBA Draft, chose to sit out of the 2020 WNBA season for personal reasons. During the WNBA offseason, Pivec has appeared in 15 games, holding averages of 14.9 points, 3.1 rebounds and 0.7 assists in 14.9 minutes per contest for Promete in Spain.
The Lynwood, Wash. native played in 126 career games (117 starts) for the Oregon State Beavers, averaging 12.2 points, 7.7 rebounds and 3.8 assists in 29.9 minutes per game. Pivec was named to the All-Pac-12 team in three straight seasons and to the Pac-12 All-Freshman team.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from April 3, 2021
- WNBA Announces Players Who Have Opted-In for Consideration for 2021 WNBA Draft Presented by State Farm - WNBA
- Minnesota Lynx Sign Mikayla Pivec - Minnesota Lynx
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Lynx Stories
- Statement from Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx on Ownership
- Minnesota Timberwolves & Lynx Host Memorial Blood Centers Drive at Target Center
- July 11th Minnesota Lynx at Los Angeles Postgame Notes
- July 9th Minnesota Lynx at Las Vegas Aces Postgame Notes
- July 7th- Minnesota Lynx vs Dallas Wings Postgame Notes