Minnesota Lynx Sign Bridget Carleton
MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL - Minnesota Lynx Head Coach and General Manager Cheryl Reeve today announced that forward Bridgeton Carleton has signed her qualifying offer extended by the Lynx. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not released.
The 23-year-old, originally selected by Connecticut in the second round (21st overall) of the 2019 WNBA Draft, arrived in Minnesota on a seven-day contract on August 22, 2019 and was signed for the remainder of the 2019 WNBA season on August 29, 2019. She re-signed a one-year contract with Minnesota on May 26, 2020.
During the 2020 WNBA Season, the Chatham, Ontario native, played in 22 games (including 15 starts) and averaged a career-best 6.6 points, 3.6 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 25.8 minutes per contest while shooting 52.0% from the floor and 45.7%, from beyond the arc and 64.3% from the line. In her first career start on Aug. 5 against New York, she tallied a career-high 25 points and seven rebounds and became the fifth Lynx player to score 20+ points in her starting debut.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from January 9, 2021
- Minnesota Lynx Sign Bridget Carleton - Minnesota Lynx
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Lynx Stories
- Minnesota Lynx Promote Carley Knox to Lynx President of Business Operations
- Minnesota Lynx Sign WNBA Champion Aerial Powers
- Minnesota Lynx Acquire 2022 Second-Round Draft Pick in Exchange for Guard Odyssey Sims and Negotiating Rights of Temi Fagbenle
- Lynx Sign Guard Linnae Harper to Training Camp Contract
- Minnesota Lynx Acquire 2022 First-Round Draft Pick in Exchange for Forward Mikiah Herbert Harrigan