Minnesota/Indiana Postgame Notes
Minnesota Lynx 78, Indiana Fever 74
Tuesday, June 25, 2019
Odyssey Sims paced the Lynx for a second consecutive game, finishing with a game-high 25 points while grabbing a career-high-tying seven rebounds, dishing out a team-high seven assists and swiped a career-high tying five steals. Sims finished with 20+ points in back-to-back games for the first time since May of 2016 while with Dallas. Tonight marked her 34th 20+ point performance of her career.
Two other Lynx were in double-figures tonight including rookie Napheesa Collier who finished with 16 points on 5-of-9 shooting and grabbed four rebounds. Tonight was Collier's second straight double-figures performance and third in her last four games.
Sylvia Fowles snagged a game-high 11 rebounds tonight, marking her seventh 10+ rebound game of the season and her 10th time pacing the Lynx in rebounds this season. Fowles also had two blocks tonight, moving her career total to 588, tying Brittney Griner for third all-time on the WNBA's blocks list.
Damiris Dantas had three timely three-pointers tonight, including one with 2:40 left in the fourth quarter to give the Lynx an eight-point lead. Dantas would finish the night with 15 points on 6-of-10 from the field, including 3-of-6 from deep, five rebounds and two assists. Tonight marked her fifth double-figure scoring performance of the night.
Minnesota held the Fever to 23 first half points on the way to a 43-23 halftime lead. The 23 points allowed were the fewest by a Lynx road opponent since leading 39-21 at New York on August 27, 2013.
The Lynx held Indiana to 38.7% shooting, marking the fifth time this season Minnesota has held an opponent below 40% shooting. Since 2011, the Lynx are 110-3 when doing so.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from June 25, 2019
- Fever's Historic Comeback Falls Short in Loss to Lynx - Indiana Fever
- Minnesota/Indiana Postgame Notes - Minnesota Lynx
- Wings Set for Wednesday Rumble with Sun - Dallas Wings
- Las Vegas Hosts Defending Champs Today at 7 pm PT - Las Vegas Aces
- Clarendon Undergoes Ankle Surgery - Connecticut Sun
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Lynx Stories
- Timberwolves & Lynx Become First Minnesota Organization Selected for Global Sports Mentoring Program
- Twin Cities Harvest Festival, Proud Supporter of the Minnesota Lynx FastBreak Foundation, and the Minnesota Lynx to Host Lynx Day
- Odyssey Sims Suspended Two Games
- Minnesota Timberwolves, Sister Franchises Announce New Social Responsibility Platform Pack Gives Back
- Women's 3x3 Roster Announced for World Beach Games