Mikhail Sergachev Wins Stanley Cup with Tampa Bay Lightning
Mikhail Sergachev is aÂ Stanley Cup champion, winning hockey's most coveted prize as a member of the Tampa Bay Lightning.
The Lightning capped-off perhaps the most unique Stanley Cup run in the NHL's history, hoisting the Cup inside the Edmonton 'bubble' at Rogers Arena following a 2-0 blanking of the Dallas Stars in Game 6 of the Championship Final Monday night. Overcoming the challenges of COVID-19, they played to an overall playoff record of 16-6, eliminating the Columbus Blue Jackets, Boston Bruins and New York Islanders in Toronto before moving on to Edmonton to defeat the Stars in six games.
The Bolts required overtime on eight different occasions throughout the playoffs, going 6-2 in those affairs.
Mikhail Sergachev (Windsor Spitfires) suited up in all 22 games of the Bolts' playoff run. Sergachev racked up 3 goals and 7 assists for 10 points in the playoffs.
Mikhail Sergachev played on the Windsor Spitfires from 2015-2017, winning a Memorial Cup title.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from September 29, 2020
- Pete Dalliday to Headline Week Two of Thursday Night Live - Peterborough Petes
- Colin Chaulk Relishing the Opportunity to Return to the Frontenacs - Kingston Frontenacs
- Mikhail Sergachev Wins Stanley Cup with Tampa Bay Lightning - Windsor Spitfires
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Windsor Spitfires Stories
- Teacher's Life Academic Spotlight: Pasquale Zito
- Spitfires Sad to Hear of the Passing of Avid Spitfires Fan Christopher James Hornby
- Spitfires Supporting the 4th Annual 24-Hour Bench Talks & Sleep out Event with Reverend Ron Dunn and the Downtown Mission
- Spitfires Supporting Grow on Windsor Campaign
- Two Spitfires and a Priority Selection Draftee on NHL Draft Preliminary Watchlist