Mexican National Team Members and Award-Winning Singer Luis Coronel to Headline Fan Fest at Inaugural MexTour Live in Dallas on June 7
DALLAS - Award-winning Latin singer Luis Coronel will headline the June 7 fan festival at the inaugural MexTour Live, a weekend-long celebration of the Mexican National Team and its fans, taking place in Dallas as part of the MexTour match against Ecuador on Sunday, June 9 at AT&T Stadium, presented by Allstate, just days before kicking off the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup.
The free, family-friendly, MexTour Live Dallas fan fest will take place at Dallas City Hall Plaza from 3-10 p.m. and is being organized as part of a landmark sports partnership between the Federación Mexicana de Fútbol (FMF), NFL's Dallas Cowboys, MLS' FC Dallas, the Dallas Sports Commission and Soccer United Marketing (SUM), that will bring the popular Mexican National Team U.S. Tour to North Texas for an annual game through 2022.
Coronel's performance is scheduled for 8 p.m., while a special appearance by current members of the Mexican National Team is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. The event will also include visits and autograph sessions by Dallas Cowboys alumni, FC Dallas players and legends, Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, as well as Mexican National Team legends, local musical acts, DJs and radio personalities, team mascots and soccer freestylers. There will also be popular local food trucks and a beer garden.
MexTour Live weekend festivities include the fan fest, concert and community initiatives, leading into the marque international soccer match. Tickets for the June 9 game against Ecuador are on sale via MexTour.org or SeatGeek.com.
As part of MexTour Live's visit to the city, and in conjunction with the Dallas Sports Commission, a bilingual childhood reading challenge was launched in March 2019, with students logging in more than seven million reading minutes and players from both the Dallas Cowboys and FC Dallas visiting local schools. The winning classroom will get tickets to the game and a pre-game experience where they will be recognized in front of the fans.
Born in Tucson, AZ, Mexican-American artist Luis Coronel was the 2014 Latin Billboard Awards winner for "Best New Artist." He also won the 2015 Premio Lo Nuestro "Male Artist of the Year." His hit album "Quiero Ser Tu Dueno" made it to #1 on the U.S. Latin Billboard chart. For a complete bio, visit https://www.luiscoronelmusic.com/. Coronel's performance is scheduled to begin a 8 p.m. on June 7.
The annual #MexTour has become one of the most popular sporting events in the country, with an average of approximately 50,000 fans per game throughout the years. With nearly 85 games played since 2002, the Mexican National Team has utilized the matches to reach its fervent fan base across North America and prepare for important competitions like the FIFA World Cup and Concacaf Gold Cup. More than a 90-minute game, each tour stop features public and media events, and culminating on gameday outside the stadium with the AT&T Futbol Fiesta, a 120,000+ sq. ft. interactive fan area featuring sponsor booths, food, music, and autograph sessions by Mexican soccer legends.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 22, 2019
- MNUFC Depth on Display in 1-0 Loss to Hertha Berlin - Minnesota United FC
- D.C. United Fall to Real Betis 5-2 in a Friendly at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Red Bulls and Vancouver End in 2-2 Draw - New York Red Bulls
- 'Caps earn another road point in exciting match versus New York Red Bulls - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Atlanta United Named 'Sports Team of the Year' at 2019 Sports Business Awards - Atlanta United FC
- The Goal King: Chris Wondolowski Cements His Place in MLS History: Week 13 MLS News & Notes - MLS
- Chicago Fire Midfielder PrzemysÅ?aw Frankowski Called up to Poland National Team - Chicago Fire FC
- Game on Saturday, June 1 at Stade Saputo Moved to 5pm - Club de Foot Montreal
- Major League Soccer Celebrates Soccer for All Month - MLS
- Major League Soccer Celebrates Soccer for All Month - D.C. United
- Major League Soccer Celebrates Soccer for All Month - Orlando City SC
- Mexican National Team Members and Award-Winning Singer Luis Coronel to Headline Fan Fest at Inaugural MexTour Live in Dallas on June 7 - FC Dallas
- Know Your Opponent | LA Galaxy - Orlando City SC
- Sebas Mendez Called up to Ecuador's Copa America Squad - Orlando City SC
- LA Galaxy Defender Julian Araujo Added to U.S. 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup Roster - LA Galaxy
- Chad Marshall Announces Retirement from Professional Soccer - Seattle Sounders FC
- Eryk Williamson Called into Combined Preparation Camp with U.S. Men's National Team Roster - Portland Timbers
- Philadelphia Union Sign Defender Jack Elliott to New Contract - Philadelphia Union
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Announces Roster Decisions for 2022 Season
- FC Dallas U-15, U-17 and U-19 Academy Teams to Participate in MLS NEXT Fest
- FC Dallas Hosts Toronto FC in 2022 Home Opener on February 26
- FC Dallas Academy Product Ricardo Pepi Named MLS Young Player of the Year
- National Soccer Hall of Fame Announces Final Ballots for Election to 2022 Class