Mercury Waive Guard Arica Carter
PHOENIX - The three-time WNBA Champion Phoenix Mercury has waived guard Arica Carter, the team announced today.
Carter was selected by the Mercury with the 32nd overall pick (third round) of the 2019 WNBA Draft out of Louisville. The 5-foot-7 guard appeared in both of the Mercury's first two games of the season. An updated Mercury roster is attached.
After coming within one win of trip to the WNBA Finals, the Phoenix Mercury return in 2019 in search of a league-record tying fourth WNBA title. Led by the All-Star trio of Diana Taurasi, Brittney Griner and DeWanna Bonner, Phoenix opens its title quest on May 25 at Seattle on ABC. Tickets for the Mercury's next home game on Friday, June 14 against the Los Angeles Sparks, and the remaining 15 home games, at Talking Stick Resort Arena can be purchased by calling 602.252.WNBA or by visiting PhoenixMercury.com.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from June 1, 2019
- Dream Fall on Road to Mystics, 96-75 - Atlanta Dream
- Minnesota/Dallas Postgame Notes - Minnesota Lynx
- Five Liberty Players Scored Double Figures in 92-77 Loss to Fever - New York Liberty
- Indiana Leads Big Early and Never Looks Back in 92-77 Win over New York - Indiana Fever
- Mercury Waive Guard Arica Carter - Phoenix Mercury
- Aces Bench Scores 38 Points, But Las Vegas Falls, 86-84, in Phoenix - Las Vegas Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.