Mercury Acquire 2020 Second-Round Pick from Minnesota
PHOENIX - The three-time WNBA Champion Phoenix Mercury today acquired a 2020 second-round draft pick from the Minnesota Lynx in exchange for forward Stephanie Talbot, the team has announced.
Originally selected with the 33rd overall pick in the 2014 WNBA Draft, Talbot appeared in 64 career games for the Mercury over the last two seasons. During that span, the 6-foot-2 forward averaged 4.0 points and 2.3 rebounds.
Following the trade, the Mercury's roster now stands at 13 players.
After coming within one win of a trip to the WNBA Finals, the Phoenix Mercury return in 2019 in search of a league-record tying fourth WNBA title. Led by the All-Star trio of Diana Taurasi, Brittney Griner and DeWanna Bonner, Phoenix opens its title quest on May 25 at Seattle on ABC. Tickets for Fry's Food Stores Opening Night on Friday, May 31, at Talking Stick Resort Arena can be purchased by calling 602.252.WNBA or by visiting PhoenixMercury.com.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from May 21, 2019
- Mercury Acquire 2020 Second-Round Pick from Minnesota - Phoenix Mercury
- Chicago Sky Acquire 2020 Pick from Minnesota for Alaina Coates - Chicago Sky
- Bria Goss Waived by Fever - Indiana Fever
- Atlanta Dream Waive Lynetta Kizer - Atlanta Dream
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.