Meneghin Signs with Hurricanes
LETHBRIDGE, AB - The Lethbridge Hurricanes Hockey Club announced Monday that they have signed 2004-born goaltender Harrison Meneghin to a Western Hockey League Standard Player Agreement.
Meneghin, 17, was undrafted in the WHL Prospects Draft. The product of South Surrey, British Columbia appeared in three games during the 2020-2021 season with the Delta Hockey Academy U18 Prep team where he posted a 2-1-0-0 record with a 2.59 goals against average and a .925 save percentage. In 2018-2019, he recorded a 12-3-0-0 record with a 3.34 GAA and a .899 SV% with the Delta Hockey Academy U15 program in 16 games.
"We're pleased to get Harrison signed and add him to our pre-season roster," said Hurricanes General Manager Peter Anholt. "We were impressed with him during our camp last weekend and to be able to get him signed and add him to our goaltending depth is an important thing for our organization."
Meneghin was the only goaltender during the ENMAX Pre-Season to record a shutout during the scrimmages. He joins the Hurricanes pre-season roster as one of three netminders, joining Bryan Thomson and Jared Picklyk.
The 'Canes will begin the 2021 ENMAX Pre-Season on Friday, September 17th when they host the Medicine Hat Tigers.
The Hurricanes will play a total of four exhibition games, with both home games at the ENMAX Centre. Tickets for the ENMAX Pre-Season are available for purchase for $10 at the Lethbridge Hurricanes Office, the Lethbridge Minor Hockey Office, Gas King locations in Lethbridge or at the door for the game.
Single game tickets for the 2021-2022 regular season are now on sale by visiting the ENMAX Centre Ticket Centre, the Yates Memorial Theatre Ticket Centre, by calling 403-329-SEAT (7328) or online at www.lethbridgehurricanes.com. The Hurricanes open the 2021-2022 regular season on Friday, October 1st when they welcome the Calgary Hitmen in the Dairy Queen Home Opener at the ENMAX Centre.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 20, 2021
- Tigers Deal Bonni to Chiefs - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Chiefs Acquire Defenseman Ben Bonni from Medicine Hat - Spokane Chiefs
- Royals Preseason Tickets on Sale Wednesday - Victoria Royals
- Health and Safety Message from the Wheat Kings and the Keystone Centre - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Mateychuk Ready for Starring Role with the Warriors this Season - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Import Players Alscher, Brøndberg Arrive in Portland - Portland Winterhawks
- Meneghin Signs with Hurricanes - Lethbridge Hurricanes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.