Media Notes -- Royals Edged by Americans in Overtime
Victoria, BC- The Victoria Royals dropped a 5-4 decision in overtime to the Tri-City Americans on Wednesday night at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre.
Gamesheet - http://whl.ca/gamecentre/1014700/boxscore
Game Galleries - http://bit.ly/2yeT6zF
Royals - Regan Nagy 2g-0a, Dante Hannoun 0g-2a, Tyler Soy 0g-2a, Matthew Phillips 1g-0a, Igor Martynov 1g-0a, Eric Florchuk 0g-1a, Jared Legien 0g-1a, Scott Walford 0g-1a.
Tri-City - Dylan Coghlan 2g-1a (Game Winner), Jordan Topping 1g-2a, Morgan Geekie 0g-2a, Michael Rasmussen 1g-1a, Connor Bouchard 1g-0a, Nolan Yaremko 0g-1a, Kyle Olson 0g-1a.
Royals - Griffen Outhouse (OTL) - 61:12 Min, 41 saves on 46 shots
Tri-City - Beck Warm (W) - 60:59 Min, 23 saves on 27 shots
Royals - 2/540.0%
Tri-City - 3/742.9%
One of Canada's Best - The Victoria Royals were ranked first on the Canadian Hockey League's Top 10 list earlier today. This marks the highest ranking for Victoria in the franchise's 12-year existence. This also marks the second time this season that the Royals have been ranked on the CHL's Top 10 list.
On Fire - Two Royals' players extended their point streaks in today's game. Matthew Phillips leads the team with 19 points (6g-13a) in eight straight games, while Tyler Soy has tallied six points (2g-4a) in three consecutive contests.
Shorty - With Nagy's shorthanded goal tonight, the Royals now lead the WHL in shorthanded markers with four.
Milestone Man - The Royals' Dante Hannoun, who played in his 200th WHL game tonight, recorded his 150th (62g-88a) career point. The 1998-born forward is in his fourth season (2014-present).
Island Foes - Island natives and Tri-City Americans' forward Jordan Topping (Salt Spring Island) and defenceman Dylan Coghlan (Nanaimo) each scored at least a goal in both weekday contests. Coghlan (2g-1a) and Topping (1g-2a) each had three points tonight.
Coming Up Next - The Royals kick off a seven-game, 6,123-kilometre road trip starting in Spokane on Friday, October 13th with puck drop for 7:05 p.m. Victoria will make stops in Seattle, Edmonton, Regina, Brandon, Saskatoon and finish in Prince Albert. The Royals return home on Saturday, October 28th to battle the Vancouver Giants.
Twitter Handles - @victoriaroyals, @TCAmericans, @ReganNagy, @hannoun19, @dylancoghlan15, @JordanT_11
For further information contact:
Victoria Royals Hockey Club
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from October 12, 2017
- Americans Announce 2017-18 Charity Nights - Tri-City Americans
- NEWS 2018 Mastercard Memorial Cup Logo Unveiled - Regina Pats
- 2018 Mastercard Memorial Cup Logo Unveiled - WHL
- Rockets Host Hitmen to Open a Busy Weekend - Kelowna Rockets
- Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame and the Regina Pats Hockey Club Secure History - Regina Pats
- NEWS Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame and the Regina Pats - Regina Pats
- RECAP: Medicine Hat 5 - Silvertips 4 (10-11-17) - Everett Silvertips
- Media Notes -- Royals Edged by Americans in Overtime - Victoria Royals
- CALGARY HITMEN Hitmen 4 Blazers 2 - Calgary Hitmen
- Recap: Regina Pats (4) vs Saskatoon Blades (6) - Regina Pats
- CHL Announces Top 10 Rankings - WHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.