McCoughtry, McBride, Wilson Combine for 63 in Las Vegas' 104-89 Win over Minnesota
Palmetto, FL - The Aces big three starters of Angel McCoughtry (22), Kayla McBride (21) and A'ja Wilson (20) combined to score 63 points Thursday evening, moving the team one step closer to clinching a top two seed in the WNBA playoffs with a 104-89 victory over the Minnesota Lynx (13-8). With the win, Las Vegas (16-4) can now finish no lower than third, and with wins in its last two games - at Los Angeles (15-6), Saturday, and at Seattle (17-3), Sunday- would finish with the top seed.
First Quarter (Minnesota 29, Las Vegas 25)
The Lynx led, 15-12, but Las Vegas scored 10 straight to go up seven, 22-15. Minnesota scored 14 of the final 17 points of the period.
Second Quarter (Las Vegas 56, Minnesota 54)
Minnesota built a six-point lead early in the second, 35-29, but the Aces went on a 17-4 run to go up seven, 46-39.
Third Quarter (Las Vegas 81, Minnesota 69)
It was just a one-point Aces lead, 58-57, early in the third, but Las Vegas scored eight straight to go up nine, 66-57. It was still a five-point Las Vegas' advantage with 3:04 remaining in the quarter, when the Aces scored nine straight to lead, 79-65.
Fourth Quarter (Las Vegas 104, Minnesota 89)
Las Vegas scored nine straight points beginning at the 9:19 mark to out the game effectively put of reach, 94-73.
Las Vegas outscored the Lynx 46-38 in the paint
The Aces went 20 for 23 the free throw line, while Minnesota made 13 of 14
Las Vegas outscored the Lynx 11-5 in fastbreak points.
The Aces 104 points are the most the team has scored since moving to Las Vegas three years ago.
The Aces 10 made threes are the most the team has made since moving to Las Vegas three years ago.
Las Vegas is 9-0 this season in games decided by 10 or more points.
Kayla McBride's five made threes are the most by a member of the Aces this season.
A'ja Wilson scored in double figures for the 20th straight game to start the season, the 28th straight game dating back to last year, and the 76th time in her 79 games as a pro (20 points). It was also her 14th game scoring 20 or more points this year, and the 39th of her career.
Angel McCoughtry scored in double figures for the 17th game this season, and the 277th time in her career (22 points).
Kayla McBride scored in double figures for the 14th time this season, and the 146th time in her career (21 points).
Jackie Young scored in double figures for the 12th time this season and the 19th time in her career (17 points).
Danielle Robinson scored in double figures for the 5th time this season and the 127th time in her career (12 points).
Las Vegas remains on the road this weekend, closing out the year with games "at" Los Angeles on Saturday, September 12, and at Seattle on Sunday, September 13.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 11, 2020
- Mercury Clinch Fifth Seed in 2020 WNBA Playoffs - Phoenix Mercury
- Postgame Notes - Atlanta 82, Connecticut 75 - Atlanta Dream
- Wings Bested by Sky 95-88 - Dallas Wings
- Aces Enter Final Weekend of Regular Season with Playoff Destiny Firmly in Their Grasp - Las Vegas Aces
- Fever Sweep Season Series against New York - Indiana Fever
- McCoughtry, McBride, Wilson Combine for 63 in Las Vegas' 104-89 Win over Minnesota - Las Vegas Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Aces Stories
- Aces Acquire 2021 2nd Round Pick from Indiana in Exchange for Lindsay Allen & No. 24 Pick in 2021
- WNBA Approves Sale of Las Vegas Aces to Mark Davis
- Aces Ink All-Star Riquna Williams to Free Agent Deal
- Aces Sign Three-Time WNBA All-Star Guard Chelsea Gray
- Las Vegas Signs Two-Time, WNBA Sixth Woman of the Year Dearica Hamby to Contract Extension