McConnell-Barker Commits to Greyhounds
Soo Greyhounds General Manager Kyle Raftis is pleased to announce today the commitment from 2020 draft pick BRYCE MCCONNELL-BARKER.
The London, ON native was the Greyhounds 1st Round Pick (4th overall) in this past April's OHL Priority Selection.
"We are very excited to announce the commitment from first round draft pick Bryce McConnell-Barker. Bryce is a player that we targeted all season. We feel he is just scratching the surface in terms of his on and off ice potential" started Raftis.
"As a highly skilled centre, Bryce combines great speed with a dangerous release. He has a relentless motor which drives his work ethic. We are thrilled to add Bryce to our lineup and we look forward to partnering with Bryce as we assist him reaching his potential during his time with the Soo Greyhounds hockey program" he concluded.
The 6.01, 162-lb centreman comes to the Greyhounds after playing the 2019-20 season with the London Jr. Knights Minor Midget Hockey Club.
In 33 games played, Bryce registered 30 goals and 19 assists, good for 49 points in 33 games played and he was later named the Alliance Player of the Year.
Additionally, he appeared in 6 games with the Komoka Kings of the Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League where he averaged a point per game (3g, 3a).
"Since I can remember, I have dreamt of playing in the OHL. To be selected by the Soo Greyhounds so early in the first round has brought those memories to light. I am honoured to play for an organization has developed so many talented players" began McConnell-Barker.
"I plan to give hard work, community effort, and show the Soo fans my commitment to be at my best. I look forward to meeting my teammates, coaches and the entire organization. I am looking forward to the upcoming season" he added.
Hometown: London, ON
DOB: June 4, 2004
Weight: 162 lbs
Previous Team: London Jr. Knights Minor Midgets
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from May 15, 2020
- 2019-20 CHL Award Finalists: Rookie of the Year Presented by Wawanesa Insurance - Kingston Frontenacs
- Generals Cole Resnick Commits to Ryerson Rams Men's Hockey Team - Oshawa Generals
- McConnell-Barker Commits to Greyhounds - Soo Greyhounds
- CORE Partners Group/Investment Planning Counsel Season Ticket Design Contest Returns - Owen Sound Attack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Soo Greyhounds Stories
- McConnell-Barker Invited to Canada's National Under-17 Development Camp
- O'Rourke Invited to Canada's National Junior Sport Chek Summer Development Camp
- Holmes Invited to Canada's National Men's Summer Under-18 Team Selection Camp
- McConnell-Barker Commits to Greyhounds
- Open Your Home to a Hound in 2020-21