McAllister Signs with Bucks
Waterloo, Iowa - The Waterloo Bucks have announced that outfielder Jon McAllister has signed to play with Waterloo for the 2014 season. McAllister, a junior at Long Island University, is the 22nd player to be named to the Bucks' roster for the team's 20th season.
This season for the Blackbirds, McAllister is leading his team in hitting with a .382 average. The 6'0", 190-pounder has seven stolen bases to go along with 15 RBI and a .427 on-base percentage.
"Jon is an outfielder with plenty of speed and a great arm," said Bucks General Manager Dan Corbin. "He'll be a lead-off type player for us, as he is one of those guys that just gets on base and steals bags. Defensively, he projects as a center fielder, but can play all three spots."
McAllister transferred to Long Island from Harford Community College where he was a second team All-Region selection. A native of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, McAllister hit .309 with eight doubles, 22 RBI, and 24 stolen bases as a sophomore.
Born February 5, 1992, McAllister played high school baseball at Chestnut Hill Academy where he earned Louisville Slugger pre-season All-American honors his junior year and was a three-time first team All-City selection. Jon is the son of John and Rhonda McAllister.
The Bucks will open the 2014 season on the road versus the Rochester Honkers on May 27, but return to Waterloo for their home opener versus Rochester on May 28. Season tickets and group outings are currently on sale. For more information, call the Bucks' Ticket Line at (319) 232-5633. Fans are encouraged to stay in touch with the Bucks in the off-season by utilizing their website at www.waterloobucks.com.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from March 24, 2014
- Bullfrogs Announce Gameday Open Interview Dates - Green Bay Bullfrogs
- McAllister Signs with Bucks - Waterloo Bucks
- Woodchucks Add a Georgia Bulldog - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Honkers Whistle Dixie, Sign Dixie State Pitcher - Rochester Honkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Waterloo Bucks Stories
- Royals Call up Stout to Majors
- Bucks Seeking Nominations for 2018 All-Star Educators
- Bucks Seeking Nominations for 2018 First Responder Baseball Card Set
- Bucks Partner with Northwoods League Foundation for "Share the Glove" Initiative
- Bucks Seek Host Families for Summer