MASL Releases Conference Final Schedule; Sockers Play Sunday in Monterrey
SAN DIEGO - The Major Arena Soccer League announced today the schedule for the Eastern and Western Conference Finals of the Ron Newman Cup.
Following this past weekend's Divisional Finals, there are four teams remaining in the playoffs; the Baltimore Blast and Milwaukee Wave in the East and the Monterrey Flash and San Diego Sockers in the West.
The Eastern and Western Conference Finals will be decided in a one-game playoff at the home of the higher-seeded teams, the Baltimore Blast and Monterrey Flash. The winners of each game will face off for the 2018 Ron Newman Cup Championship at a date/location to be determined.
In addition, the potential date/location for the Ron Newman Cup Championship has also been determined, based upon the outcome of the Southwest Division Championship. Since Monterrey and San Diego finished with the MASL's best two records, they will have the option to host the Championship should they advance. The full schedule is below, and all games will stream live on MASLtv, the streaming home of the Major Arena Soccer League.
WESTERN CONFERENCE FINAL
Monterrey Flash vs San Diego Sockers -
Sunday, March 18, 5:05 p.m. CST at Arena Monterrey, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
EASTERN CONFERENCE FINAL
Baltimore Blast vs Milwaukee Wave -
Friday, March 16, 7:35 p.m. EDT at SECU Arena, Towson, MD
RON NEWMAN CUP CHAMPIONSHIP
Monterrey Flash vs Baltimore Blast/Milwaukee Wave -
Sunday, March 25, 5:05 p.m. CST at Arena Monterrey, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
San Diego Sockers vs Baltimore Blast/Milwaukee Wave -
Saturday, March 31, 7:05 p.m. PDT at Valley View Casino Center, San Diego, CA
San Diego lost 6-3 in the only meeting of the season between the teams on January 28 in Monterrey.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from March 12, 2018
- MASL Releases Conference Final Schedule; Sockers Play Sunday in Monterrey - San Diego Sockers
- MASL Conference Final Schedule Released - MASL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Diego Sockers Stories
- Sockers Hosting World Cup Viewing Party Series at Nason's Beer Hall at Pendry Hotel San Diego
- Veteran Defender Eddie Velez Extended with Multi-Year Contract
- Stalwart Defender Cesar Cerda Signed to Multi-Year Contract
- San Diego Adds More Firepower with Free Agent Forward Christian Segura
- Exciting Forward Taylor Bond Joins Sockers