Martin Voted Postseason All-Star
WINNIPEG, MB - Winnipeg Goldeyes' first baseman Kyle Martin has been voted to the American Association Postseason All-Star Team.
Martin is hitting .296 with 14 home runs and 48 RBI, while starting all of the Goldeyes' 59 games this season. The Greenville, South Carolina native ranks eighth in the American Association in batting average, tied for fifth in home runs, and third in RBI. Martin is also second among qualifying first baseman with a .992 fielding percentage, and leads the position in both total chances (476) and assists (35).
Martin has hit safely in 45 of 59 games, and ran off a career-high 12-game hitting streak from July 15th-26th. The 27-year-old has struck out just 44 times in 255 plate appearances (17 percent), which is the second fewest of any player in the American Association with at least 10 home runs.
Martin originally signed with the Goldeyes last June, and hit .275 with 14 home runs and 67 RBI in 82 contests. Dating back to July of 2019, Martin has 98 RBI in his last 119 games in a Goldeyes' uniform.
Martin was drafted by the Philadelphia Phillies in the fourth round in 2015 out of the University of South Carolina (Columbia, South Carolina), and reached the Double-A level in 2018.
The Postseason All-Star Team was voted on by field managers, executives, and media members associated with all 12 American Association clubs. Additional season awards will be announced in the coming days.
2020 American Association Postseason All-Star Team
C Chris Chinea, St. Paul Saints
1B Kyle Martin, Winnipeg Goldeyes
2B Edwin Arroyo, Chicago Dogs
3B Damek Tomscha, Sioux Falls Canaries
SS Andrew Ely, Sioux Falls Canaries
OF Adam Brett Walker, Milwaukee Milkmen
OF Logan Landon, Sioux Falls Canaries
OF Mikey Reynolds, St. Paul Saints
DH Drew Ward, Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
P Mike Devine, St. Paul Saints
RP Peyton Gray, St. Paul Saints
The Goldeyes conclude the 2020 season tonight against the Milwaukee Milkmen at Franklin Field. First pitch is at 6:35 p.m. All the action can be heard locally on 93.7 FM CJNU and worldwide at www.cjnu.ca
For information on Goldeyes' merchandise and 2021 season tickets, visit the Goldeyes' official website at www.goldeyes.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from September 10, 2020
- Adam Brett Walker Named to All-Star Team; Peyton Gray Wins Relief Pitcher of the Year - Milwaukee Milkmen
- RailCats Announce the Greens at the Steel Yard Event - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Three Birds Land Postseason All-Star Honors - Sioux Falls Canaries
- RedHawks Drew Ward Named to 2020 All-Star Team - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Edwin Arroyo Earns First All-Star Selection - Chicago Dogs
- Devine Becomes Saints First Ever American Association Pitcher of the Year, Reynolds and Chinea Named Post-Season All-Stars - St. Paul Saints
- American Association Announces 2020 All-Star Team - AA
- Martin Voted Postseason All-Star - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Milkmen Secure First Place Going into Championship Series - Milwaukee Milkmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.