Mark Ellis Scheduled to Begin Rehab Appearance on Thursday at Raley Field
Oakland A's infielder and former River Cat Mark Ellis is scheduled to begin his Major League Rehabilitation assignment for the River Cats on Thursday, June 18, against the Salt Lake Bees (Triple-A affiliate of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim) at Raley Field. The exact length of his rehab assignment is TBD.
Ellis was placed on the 15-day DL by the A's on April 29 with a strained left calf and transferred to the 60-day DL on May 20. The 32-year old infielder played with the River Cats in 2001 and 2002 before starting one of the most successful Major League careers of any second baseman in Oakland Athletics history.
Tickets are still available for Thursday's game as well as the remainder of the upcoming weekend.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 15, 2009
- Rainiers open series with 11-2 rout of Portland - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds rally late, end skid - Memphis Redbirds
- Raynor's walk-off triple leads Z's past Royals - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Express blanks Sounds, win streak ends at 7 - Nashville Sounds
- Sounds OF Jason Bourgeois Named PCL Player Of The Week - Nashville Sounds
- McDonald Named PCL Pitcher of the Week - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Mark Ellis Scheduled to Begin Rehab Appearance on Thursday at Raley Field - Sacramento River Cats
- PCL Pitcher and Player of the Week - PCL
- OKC RedHawks Game Notes 6-15-09 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sacramento River Cats Stories
- Six 2017 River Cats Earn Non-Roster Invites to Major League Spring
- Dave Brundage Returning to Manage River Cats in 2018
- Sacramento River Cats Unveil 2018 Home Schedule
- River Cats Homestand Highlights: Bumgarner Opens Independence Day
- After Quiet Game One, River Cats Rally to Take Game 2