Marco Farfan, Eryk Williamson Called into U.S. U-23 National Team Camp
PORTLAND, Ore. - Portland Timbers defender Marco Farfan and midfielder Eryk Williamson have been called in by the U.S. U-23 Men's National Team for a domestic training camp from June 9-16 in Herriman, Utah, it was announced today.
Both Farfan and Williamson will miss the Timbers' fourth-round Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup match against Seattle Sounders FC on Wednesday, June 12, at Cheney Stadium.
Farfan, who was previously called into a U.S. U-23 Men's National Team international camp in March, has made 12 appearances (12 starts) for T2 during the 2019 campaign, while on loan from the Timbers.
Williamson, who was recently called into a combined preparation camp with players from the U.S. Senior and U-23 Men's National Teams at the end of May, made his MLS debut for the Timbers in a 3-1 win against the Philadelphia Union on May 25. Additionally, Williamson has tallied three goals and ranks tied for first in the USL Championship with seven assists in 10 appearances (10 starts) for T2, while on loan from the Timbers in 2019.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 9, 2019
- Brenden Aaronson, Auston Trusty Receive International Call-Ups - Philadelphia Union
- Marcinkowski, Yueill Called to U.S. U-23 National Team - San Jose Earthquakes
- Marco Farfan, Eryk Williamson Called into U.S. U-23 National Team Camp - Portland Timbers
- Real Salt Lake Foursome Invited to U.S. U-23 Camp - Real Salt Lake
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: June 9, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Timbers Finalize Purchase of Argentinian Midfielder TomÃs Conechny
- Timbers Register 2-1 Win on the Road against Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers, Orlando City SC Play to 1-1 Draw at Providence Park
- Timbers, Thorns FC, T2 Team up with Local Partners to Present Eighth-Annual Stand Together Week July 28-August 3
- Timbers Weekly Update: July 16, 2019