MAPFRE Stadium to Host SheBelieves Cup Doubleheader
MAPFRE STADIUM TO HOST SHEBELIEVES CUP DOUBLEHEADER FOR UNITED STATES-GERMANY AND ENGLAND-FRANCE MATCHES ON MARCH 1, 2018
United States-Germany match marks the eighth time U.S. Women's National Team Plays at MAPFRE Stadium, where it has an all-time record of 5-1-1
COLUMBUS - In conjunction with U.S. Soccer, MAPFRE Stadium today announced that it is set to host a SheBelieves Cup doubleheader for the United States Women's National Team against Germany and England versus France on Thursday, March 1, 2018. England and France will play at 4:00 p.m. ET followed by the U.S.-Germany match at 7:00 p.m. ET. The U.S.-Germany match is set to air on ESPN2. This is set to be the eighth match for the U.S. Women's National Team at MAPFRE Stadium and the first since a 9-0 victory over Thailand on August 8, 2016.
The SheBelieves Cup, now in its third consecutive year, is a four-team invitational women's soccer round-robin style tournament held in the United States. The U.S. Women's National Team won the inaugural edition of the tournament in 2016, while last year's tournament was won by France. A complete schedule of the tournament is below.
Tickets for the doubleheader go on sale to the public at 10:00 a.m. ET on Thursday, January 11 through ussoccer.com and by phone at 1-800-745-3000. Columbus Crew SC Season Ticket Members will receive information via email about a special pre-sale opportunity.
MAPFRE Stadium has played host to seven U.S. Women's National Team matches all-time, with the Stars & Stripes holding a record of 5-1-1 at the venue while outscoring opponents 29-6. The matches at MAPFRE Stadium include a 3-0 victory by the USWNT over North Korea in the Group Stage of the 2003 FIFA Women's World Cup. Winners of the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup, the USWNT last played at MAPFRE Stadium on August 8, 2016, in a friendly against Thailand.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 22, 2017
- Kljestan issued additional suspension for rolein tunnel confrontation - MLS
- Dates and Times Announced for Sounders FC's Scotiabank CONCACAF - Seattle Sounders FC
- New York Red Bulls Re-Sign Midfielder Vincent Bezecourt - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas opens 2018 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League play in Panama - FC Dallas
- Dates Announced for Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round Of 16 matches - New York Red Bulls
- Dates Announced for Toronto FC's First Matchup - Toronto FC
- FC Dallas Signs Defender Anton Nedyalkov - FC Dallas
- United Acquire Costa Rican National Team Midfielder Ulises Segura - D.C. United
- Philadelphia Union Sign Forward Cory Burke - Philadelphia Union
- Utah Royals FC Announce U.S. WNT Captain Becky Sauerbrunn for 2018 Season - Real Salt Lake
- MAPFRE Stadium to Host SheBelieves Cup Doubleheader - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.