Make It Four in a Row
The Gamblers defeated the Madison Capitols 5-1 on Sunday afternoon at the Resch Center. With the win, the Gamblers improve to 30-21-2-2, just one point shy of the last playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
Scoring for the Gamblers were forwards John Leonard, Brody Stevens, Jason Dhooghe (2) and Jared Spooner.
David Hrenak recorded the victory between the pipes for the Gamblers with 24 saves on 25 shots on goal. With the win, Hrenak improves to 13-13 on the season.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2017
- Capitols Gamble Away Cheese Cup - Madison Capitols
- Make It Four in a Row - Green Bay Gamblers
- Thirteen Phantoms Alumni Qualify for 2017 Ncaa D-I Ice Hockey - Youngstown Phantoms
- Postgame Recap: Hawks Nip Steel, 4-3 - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Four-Goal Second Period Dooms Phantoms - Youngstown Phantoms
- Stampede Earn Another Point, But Come up Short in Shootout At - Sioux Falls Stampede
- 3-18-17 Captain Clutch - Madison Capitols
- Steel Fall to Black Hawks 4-3 Saturday - Chicago Steel
- Gamblers Take Care of Business at Home - Green Bay Gamblers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.