Make-A-Wish Benefits from Rangers Jersey Auction
Traditionally, every September, the Kitchener Rangers host a "Fan Appreciation BBQ" to coincide with the start of the exhibition season at The Aud.
Each year, the proceeds generated from the event would go to support Children's Wish/Make-A-Wish. However, with the arrival of the pandemic and in person gatherings being limited, we were unable to host the event 2020.
Alternatively, the Rangers and Rangers Reach collaborated on hosting an online event to auction our alternate/third game jerseys, allowing us to continue to support Make-A-Wish Southwestern Ontario.
Anne Boehm, Make-A-Wish Volunteer (centre) accepts the donation from Kitchener Rangers Past President and Fan Appreciation BBQ organizer, Shawn McKelvie (left) and Rangers Reach Executive Director, Craig Campbell (right)
As a result of the great support from Rangers Nation, we were able to raise $4,715.70 for Make-A-Wish Southwestern Ontario. The funds will go a long way to help provide wishes for many children in our area facing critical illnesses.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from December 16, 2020
- In the Spotlight: Russell - North Bay Battalion
- Make-A-Wish Benefits from Rangers Jersey Auction - Kitchener Rangers
- Erin McGill Named Peterborough Petes Local Minor Hockey Volunteer of the Week - Peterborough Petes
- Wolves' Stillman Joins Coyotes as Assistant Coach - Windsor Spitfires
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kitchener Rangers Stories
- Women in Hockey Conference Presented by the Kitchener Rangers Hockey Club
- Rangers Reach 50/50 Raffle Raises $34,598 for St. Mary's General Hospital
- Michael Vukojevic Signs AHL Contract with Binghamton
- Trent Swick Named OHL Midwest Division Academic Player of the Month
- Virtual Don Cameron Potato Night Ã¢ÂÂ 25th Anniversary