Major League Soccer, National Women's Soccer League Extend Training Moratoriums
PORTLAND, Ore. - Major League Soccer (MLS) and the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) have extended team training moratoriums through, and including, Friday, March 20, and Sunday, March 22, respectively.
During the training moratorium, all Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns FC players are expected to remain in their respective markets.
MLS is working with public health authorities, in collaboration with the MLS clubs, the MLS Players Association, and in consultation with the other North American professional sports leagues to finalize a protocol that would permit players to access training facilities for rehab or individual training under safe conditions during the team training moratorium.
The Timbers and Thorns FC remain in regular communication with both leagues as well as with local and regional health authorities and government officials.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 15, 2020
- Sounders FC Issues Public Information on First Confirmed Case of COVID-19 Surrounding Club - Seattle Sounders FC
- Team Toronto Fund Created - Toronto FC
- Major League Soccer, National Women's Soccer League Extend Training Moratoriums - Portland Timbers
- Major League Soccer and National Women's Soccer League Extend Training Moratoriums - Orlando City SC
- Major League Soccer and National Women's Soccer League Extend Training Moratoriums - Houston Dynamo
- Major League Soccer Extends Training Moratorium - MLS
- KSE Statement & Update on COVID-19 - Colorado Rapids
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Timbers Midfielder Dairon Asprilla Undergoes Successful Arthroscopic Meniscus Repair Procedure
- Portland Timbers and Seattle Sounders FC Announce Special "SEAvPDX Week" to Recognize Rivalry with Unique Content and Activities
- Timbers Midfielder Diego Valeri Wins Week 3 of MLS Idle
- Thorns Academy Joins Elite Clubs National League Girls
- Portland Timbers to Return to Individual Workouts Thursday