Major League Soccer Announces Time and Venue for Crew SC's Road Contest
COLUMBUS - Major League Soccer today announced that Crew SC's road match against D.C. United on Saturday, April 14 will officially take place at 7:00 p.m. ET at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, Maryland. Previously, the match start time and road venue were listed as TBD. Broadcast details for the match will be announced at a later time.
The match is the second of two regular-season encounters between the two clubs in 2018, with Crew SC hosting United at MAPFRE Stadium on Saturday, March 24 at 6:00 p.m. ET
Under Sporting Director and Head Coach Gregg Berhalter, the club is currently training in Casa Grande, Arizona for its preseason camp until February 6. From there, Crew SC will be in Hawaii for the inaugural Pacific Rim Cup from February 6-11. During the window of February 15-25, the club will be in Charleston, South Carolina to participate in the 2018 Carolina Challenge Cup. More information on Season Ticket Memberships for the 2018 season at MAPFRE Stadium is available at ColumbusCrewSC.com.
NOTE TO MEMBERS OF THE MEDIA COVERING COLUMBUS CREW SC When discussing the organization and the team, please reference the club as "Columbus Crew SC" on first reference as "Crew SC" is an appropriate secondary reference. Both references are singular subjects, while the tertiary reference "Black & Gold," with the ampersand, is plural. Please note: we no longer use "Columbus Crew" or "The Crew" in our terminology of the club and "The Crew SC" is also not applicable. Our home venue is now known as MAPFRE Stadium and MAPFRE must be in all caps. (MAPFRE Stadium is pronounced "MAH-fray Stadium"). The club's training facility is the Crew SC Training Center at Obetz.
ABOUT COLUMBUS CREW SC: Columbus Crew SC (Soccer Club) is the first club in Major League Soccer and in 2015, Crew SC was crowned MLS Eastern Conference Champions in the organization's 20th season. Owned and operated by Precourt Sports Ventures (PSV), it won its first MLS Cup championship in 2008 and also won the 2002 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup as well as MLS Supporters' Shield titles in 2004, 2008 and 2009. The 2018 campaign is the Black & Gold's 20th season at historic MAPFRE Stadium -- the first soccer-specific stadium in the United States. The club was purchased by PSV on July 29, 2013 as part of the privately held investment and management firm's sports and entertainment business enterprise, and the club has qualified for the MLS Cup Playoffs in three of the four seasons since, including winning the Eastern Conference Championship in 2015.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 3, 2018
- LA Galaxy vs. New York City FC on Saturday, - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Major League Soccer Announces Time and Venue for Crew SC's Road Contest - Columbus Crew SC
- United Announce Venues for Two MLS Regular Season Home Matches - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew SC Defender Connor Maloney Set to Go on Loan to United Soccer League Side Pittsburgh Riverhounds
- Columbus Crew SC to Host the Chicago Fire at MAPFRE Stadium in 2018 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup June 6
- Columbus Crew SC Heads to Gillette Stadium to Face the New England Revolution on Saturday
- Columbus Crew SC Forward Gyasi Zardes Named Alcatel Major League Soccer Player of the Week
- Columbus Crew SC Hosts the Chicago Fire at MAPFRE Stadium Tomorrow to Finish Two-Match Homestand