Mad Ants Fall at Home to Santa Cruz
Fort Wayne, Ind. - The Santa Cruz Warriors defeated the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, 114-104, at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum on Sunday night.
Despite five Mad Ants (18-17) finishing in double figures, Santa Cruz enhanced its best record in the NBA G League with a win in Fort Wayne. Sunday was the second of four consecutive games the Warriors (26-10) will play away from Kaiser Permanente Arena.
Three Warriors finished with at least 20 points, highlighted by a 26-point and 13-rebound double-double effort from Deyonta Davis. 26 points set a new regular-season career high for Davis.
Damion Lee added a double-double of his own with 23 points and 11 rebounds. Kendrick Nunn poured in 25 points off the bench on 10-of-19 shooting for the Warriors.
Santa Cruz took the lead back from Fort Wayne with 7:32 remaining in the first quarter, and never relinquished the lead the rest of the way.
Rob Gray led the Mad Ants in scoring for the fourth-consecutive outing, finishing with 23 points on 8-of-19 shooting. Pacers two-way guard Davon Reed finished with 16 points, nine rebounds and a new season high seven assists.
Stephan Hicks notched another milestone with 17 points on 7-of-17 shooting tonight. The seven made attempts made him the second player in franchise history with at least 700 made field goal attempts. Only Ron Howard has more made field goals in franchise history with 1,532.
Omari Johnson and Travin Thibodeaux finished with 16 and 10 points each. Sunday was the third double-digit scoring night from Thibodeaux this season.
The Mad Ants head out to face Lakeland on Wednesday night and Santa Cruz will head north to take on Raptors 905 on Wednesday as well.
The Mad Ants return home on Friday, Feb. 23 to take on Canton. Tickets are available by visiting ftwaynemadants.com or calling 260-469-4667.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 10, 2019
- Stars Defeat Spurs in Road Contest - Salt Lake City Stars
- Santa Cruz Warriors Secure 114-104 Road Win over Fort Wayne Mad Ants - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Mad Ants Fall at Home to Santa Cruz - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Christian Wood & Herd Send Charge into Break with Loss - Canton Charge
- Blue Coats Re-Acquire Michael Bryson - Delaware Blue Coats
- Blue Edged by Lakers in Final Minutes - Oklahoma City Blue
- Austin Spurs Fall to Salt Lake City Stars 98-89 - Austin Spurs
- Woods' Dominant Performance Lifts Herd over Charge - Wisconsin Herd
- South Bay Storms Back to Beat Oklahoma City - South Bay Lakers
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.