Mackay Inks with Hurricanes
LETHBRIDGE, AB - The Lethbridge Hurricanes Hockey Club announced Monday that they have signed 2004-born prospect Reid Mackay to a Western Hockey League Standard Player Agreement. Mackay, 16, was originally drafted by the Hurricanes in the third round (65th overall) in the 2019 WHL Bantam Draft. The product of Irma, Alberta has appeared in four games this season with the Lloydminster Bobcats U18 AAA where he has tallied six points (4g-2a) along with a two penalty minutes.
The 6'1, 170-pound forward appeared in 32 games in 2019-2020 with the Northern Alberta Elite 15s collecting 32 points (13g-19a) along with 38 penalty minutes, finishing tied for fifth in team scoring. Mackay also added an assist in two games with the Northern Alberta X-Treme Prep in the CSSHL U-18 last year. In his draft year, he collected 38 point in 32 games with the Lloydminster Bobcats U15 AAA.
Mackay is expected to join the Hurricanes for the 2021 Regular Season.
The WHL's Central Division will begin the 2021 Regular Season on Friday, February 26th.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 1, 2021
- Americans to Broadcast All 2020-21 Home Games on SWX - Tri-City Americans
- Mackay Inks with Hurricanes - Lethbridge Hurricanes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lethbridge Hurricanes Stories
- WHL Announces Suspension of Team Activities for Calgary Hitmen & Medicine Hat Tigers
- WHL Announces Remaining Central Division Schedule
- WHL Announces Next Three Weeks of Central Division Schedule
- Hurricanes Claim Kindree off Waivers
- Stringer to Donate to Canadian Cancer Society