Lynx to Kick off 'Week of Giving' on Wednesday as Part of Holiday Season
MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL - In the spirit of the holiday season, Minnesota Lynx players and staff will give back to the Twin Cities community form December 11th through the 18th as part of this year's 'Week of Giving'. Additional social activations will be announced daily, and fans are encouraged to follow along on the Lynx social media accounts for more information. Below are the highlights of the annual Week of Giving:
Wednesday, December 11th
Lynx forwards Napheesa Collier and Jessica Shepard will kick off the Lynx Week of Giving with a "Reading Timeout". The two players, along with Lynx mascot Prowl, will visit second graders at Lucy Laney Elementary School and read a story to each second-grade classroom. Each student will receive a new book to take home ahead of the holiday season.
Sunday, December 15th
Head Coach and General Manger Cheryl Reeve will host a live taping of "The Cheryl Reeve Show" podcast at LUSH Minneapolis (990 Central Ave. NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413) from 3:30-6:30 p.m. The podcast will include a guest host, KARE-11 anchor Jana Shortal, and a winter wear drive to benefit homeless youth. Listeners are encouraged to donate winter weather gear as a part of the 4th Annual Homeless Youth Winter Wear Drive at LUSH. Visit www.wwd.care/ for more information.
Monday, December 16th
Across the Lynx online platforms, the team will highlight the various ways Lynx players, coaches and staff worked in the community over the last year.
Wednesday, December 18th
For the second straight holiday season, the Lynx will have a presence at The Aliveness Project holiday event. There, assistant general manager Clare Duwelius, Lynx forward Jessica Shepard and other members of the Lynx staff, will assist in many different stations celebrating the holiday season. The Aliveness Project was founded as a community center for and driven by people living with HIV. For over 30 years, they have been facilitating connection to community, offering nutrition & wellness services, and linking their members to resources to lead fulfilling & healthy lives.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from December 10, 2019
- Lynx to Kick off 'Week of Giving' on Wednesday as Part of Holiday Season - Minnesota Lynx
- Overseas Round up Vol. 5 - Connecticut Sun
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Lynx Stories
- Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx Statement on the Passing of Kobe Bryant
- Statement from Lynx Head Coach and General Manager Cheryl Reeve on Maya Moore
- Timberwolves and Lynx Participate in Pack Day of Service in Honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Minnesota Lynx to Open 2020 Season on May 15 at Chicago
- Minnesota Lynx Hire Naismith Basketball Hall of Famer and Two-Time WNBA Champion Katie Smith as Assistant Coach