Longest Serving Blue Bomber, Jake Thomas, Agrees to Terms on One-Year Extension
WINNIPEG, MB. - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms with Canadian defensive tackle Jake Thomas on a one-year contract extension. Thomas was scheduled to be a free agent next month, and will now return for his ninth season in Blue and Gold.
Thomas has recorded 114 defensive tackles, 18 sacks, three forced fumbles and one interception in 137 games played throughout his eight seasons with Winnipeg. In 2019, Thomas recorded a career-best five sacks while also registering 22 defensive tackles and appearing in all 18 games and all three playoff games. Thomas was originally drafted by the Bombers 29th overall in the 2012 CFL Draft, and is the club's longest serving Blue Bomber.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 4, 2021
- Argos Sign American WR's Daniel Braverman & Craig Rucker - Toronto Argonauts
- EE Football Team Signs Jonathan Rose & Mike Jones - EE Football Team
- Tiger-Cats Extend Howsare and Re-Sign Mauldin IV - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Deshaun Davis, Cameron Jefferson Opt Back In - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Longest Serving Blue Bomber, Jake Thomas, Agrees to Terms on One-Year Extension - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Winnipeg Blue Bombers Stories
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Select Linebacker Les Maruo with 4th Overall Selection in Global Draft
- Blue Bombers Add Defensive Tackle to Roster
- Winnipeg Football Club Releases 2020 Financial Results
- Blue Bombers Release Donahue
- Molson Coors Beverage Company and Winnipeg Blue Bombers Announce New Partnership