Loggers Sign a Pair of Athletic Outfielders
LA CROSSE, WIS. - The La Crosse Loggers Baseball Club announced Wednesday the signing of a pair of freshmen outfielders to full-season contracts for the 2019 season. Trey Harris from the University of Arkansas and Trey Torain from George Washington University will play in La Crosse this summer.
Trey Harris joins the Loggers from an Arkansas Razorbacks club that currently ranks 16thin the most recent D1Baseball Top 25 chart after a 3-0 start on opening weekend of the college baseball season. Harris has not yet made an appearance in the loaded Razorbacks lineup, but possesses an impressive resume from his prep career at Little Rock Christian Academy. A 5-foot-10 outfielder with an exceptional 6.50 seconds 60-yard dash time, Harris will cover plenty of ground at Copeland Park come summertime. Harris was named to the 2018 All-USA Arkansas team and earned AHSAA All-State recognition after leading Little Rock Christian to the Arkansas Class 5A state semifinals last year. Perfect Game ranks the right-handed outfielder as the No. 5 overall prospect and No. 2 outfielder in the state of Arkansas.
Uniting with Harris in the outfield will be Evanston, IL native Troy Torain from the George Washington Colonials roster. Torain joins the Loggers as a 6-foot-0 freshman that attended Loyola Academy in Wilmette, IL where he led the club in HR, RBI, and extra-base hits en route to an IHSA Class 4A sectional title in 2018. The versatile outfielder has experience playing multiple positions and will offer Loggers' Field Manager Brian Lewis flexibility all over the diamond. Torain appeared in two games on opening weekend on a George Washington club coming off of a 32-26 record in 2018. The future Loggers outfielder ranks as the No. 18 outfielder in the state of Illinois according to Perfect Game.
The La Crosse Loggers 2019 roster now grows to 25, including 10 pitchers and 15 position players. Check out the full roster at www.lacrosseloggers.com as we approach Opening Day on May 28.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from February 20, 2019
- Booyah Announce Open Interview Dates for 2019 Summer Employment - Green Bay Booyah
- Tonight's Duluth Huskies Hot Stove Cancelled - Duluth Huskies
- Three Dock Spiders' Players Set to Return to Roster in 2019 - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Loggers Sign a Pair of Athletic Outfielders - La Crosse Loggers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent La Crosse Loggers Stories
- Five Former Loggers Invited to Arizona Fall League
- Seth Mejias-Brean Becomes 20th Former Logger in MLB
- Dueling Duo Piano Group Set to Return on Thursday, August 22
- Loggers Wrap up Winning Season with 37-35 Record
- Loggers Walk off Bismarck in the Bottom of the Ninth