Lions Set to Kick off CFL Season Saturday Versus Montreal
(Vancouver) Following one of the club's busiest off-seasons in recent memory, the BC Lions are set to kick off the 2018 CFL regular season versus the Montreal Alouettes at 7:00 pm on Saturday night presented by TELUS.
Fans can purchase two tickets for the home-opener for $65 which includes two free hotdogs and two free Pepsi or Budweiser products. Kid's tickets are just $10 per game all season long and seats in the new Beach Party Zone are only $20.
With warm and sunny weather in the forecast there's plenty to take in outside BC Place on game day, click here for a rundown off all the haps before kickoff.
Jamie Taras & Eric Carter Wall of Fame Induction
Fans are encouraged to remain in their seats during halftime Saturday to pay tribute to former Lions greats Jamie Taras and Eric Carter as they are inducted into the club's prestigious Wall of Fame. For more on the accomplishments of these amazing all-time Leos click here.
The Lions enter the regular season with plenty of momentum after wins over Calgary and Winnipeg in preseason action. GM Ed Hervey has spent months turning over a Lions roster that could see as many as 12 new faces in the lineup Saturday night. Most of those changes came on defence including three new starters on the d-line and four more in the secondary.
On offence, look for quarterback Jonathon Jennings to do everything he can to get off to a fast start in 2018. A fortified offensive line along with a new coordinator in Jarious Jackson have the now-healthy pivot in perfect position to return to his heroics from 2016 when he became just the fourth Lions quarterback to throw for more than 5,000 yards in a season.
On special teams, the electrifying Chris Rainey had two long punt returns wiped out by penalties last week, but all signs indicate that new coordinator Jeff Reinebold has the makings of a group that may be very special indeed. Often overlooked by fans, special teams can be a game changer and may be among the Lions' biggest areas of improvement this year.
Summer officially arrives next week, but football is back and the new look Lions are ready to get 2018 rolling.
Single game tickets for all BC Lions regular season home games are on sale now.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from June 13, 2018
- Stamps Kick off 2018 Season by Facing Ticats - Calgary Stampeders
- This Week in the CFL â?? Week 1 - CFL
- Ludacris to Perform at Esks Halftime on July 13 - Edmonton Eskimos
- Stampeders Players Elect Team Captains - Calgary Stampeders
- Lions Set to Kick off CFL Season Saturday Versus Montreal - B.C. Lions
- Tiger-Cats Sign Former CFL All-Star Running Back White - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Where to Find the CFL in 2018 - CFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent B.C. Lions Stories
- Lions Tangle with Eskimos Friday Night Presented by Canadian Tire on Behalf of Jumpstart
- Lions' Davon Coleman hauls in Performer of the Week nod
- WR/KR Shakier Ryan Joins Practice Roster
- Lions Take on Argos Saturday Afternoon Presented by Tim Hortons
- BC Lions Acquire RB Tyrell Sutton from Alouettes