Lightning Reassign Defenseman Charles Landry to Admirals from Juniors
TAMPA BAY, Fla. - The Tampa Bay Lightning, NHL parent club of the Norfolk Admirals, have reassigned defenseman Charles Landry to the Admirals from Montreal of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL), Lightning Vice President and General Manager Steve Yzerman announced today.
Landry, 5-foot-11, 187 pounds, appeared in 57 games with the Montreal Juniors this season, recording career bests with 11 goals and 40 points. He also registered a plus-26 rating. Landry led the team in goals by a defenseman, was third in points by a defenseman and was tied for third overall in plus/minus. He also posted one goal and three points in ten playoff games for the Juniors.
A 19-year-old native of Napierville, Quebec, Landry has played in 234 QMJHL games between Montreal and the Drummondville Voltigeurs. He has registered 22 goals and 96 points during his career. He has also skated in 43 post-season games, amassing six goals and 12 points.
Originally undrafted, Landry was signed to a three-year, entry-level contract by the Lightning on September 15, 2010. He represented the Lightning at the 2010 Traverse City NHL Prospects Tournament as an invitee.
The Admirals are back in action tonight for Game Four of their East Division Semifinal Series against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. The puck drops at 7:15 p.m.
Individual playoff tickets range in price from $13.00 - $18.00 when purchased in advance of the day of a game. Students through high school, active military with valid identification and senior citizens receive $1 off single game tickets at the Scope Box Office. Group discounts are also available when purchased in advance through the Admirals group sales office.
In addition, the Admirals will continue to offer midweek Value Nights including the popular Family Fun Packs, presented by SunTrust, and Student Rush Night tickets. These special offers will be available for all Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday home games throughout the 2011 Calder Cup Playoffs.
Family Fun Packs, presented by SunTrust, include four discounted Red Level Tickets for just $52 plus four free hot dogs, four free popcorns and four free sodas. Fans get all of that for just $52 - that's a savings of $37! Student Rush Nights provide $9 White Level Tickets (normally $13) for students with a valid current high school or college ID.
During the playoffs, Family Fun Packs are ONLY available at the Scope Box Office. Student Rush Night Tickets are available ONLY at the Scope Box Office after 2:00 p.m. on the day of the game.
Season tickets for the 2011-12 season are now available! Low monthly payments available for a limited time only. Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com anytime for more details or to purchase your tickets!
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 20, 2011
- B-Sens Force Game Six With 5-4 OT Win - Binghamton Senators
- Milwaukee Hangs On For 3-2 Win Over Texas - Texas Stars
- Bulldogs Downed By Barons 5-2 In Game Four - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Admirals Even Series at 2 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Kaspars Not-So-Friendly To The Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Even Series with Admirals at Two Games Apiece - Norfolk Admirals
- Checkers Dodge Hershey Comeback, Even Series at 2-2 - Charlotte Checkers
- Islanders Agree to Terms with Tyler McNeely - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Texas Stars Playoff Daily - Texas Stars
- Worcester Sharks Equipment Sale on Sunday, May 1 - Worcester Sharks
- Gameday Preview - Game 4: Milwaukee at Texas - Texas Stars
- AHL Morning Skate - AHL
- Crunch and POMCO Group Team up to Help Students Attend American Diabetes Association's Camp Aspire - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Game Day Information - Milwaukee Admirals
- Lightning Reassign Defenseman Charles Landry to Admirals from Juniors - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Norfolk Admirals Stories
- Four-Goal Second Dooms Admirals on Wednesday Night against Florida
- Game Day: Admirals Head South to Face Division Leading Florida
- Final Stretch Begins with Three-Game Stretch in Florida
- Seven-Game Home Win Streak Snapped by IceMen on Sunday Afternoon
- Game Day: Admirals Wrap up Weekend Hosting IceMen