Legends Host Virtual P.E. Classes for Local School Districts
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends began production today on a new project to benefit local school districts. The team will be filming virtual physical education lessons for the districts to utilize as P.E. classes for students during the time when schools are closed.
The classes will be made available to all ISDs free of charge. They consist of activities that all students can do in their own homes and are being conducted in accordance with all current social distancing guidelines. The sessions include personal hygiene tips, nutrition guidelines, and mental health check-ins. The "virtual P.E. classes" go live on Monday, March 23 to school districts that have requested assistance.
"We saw and heard from various school districts of this need, and volunteered to help," said Legends President/General Manager Malcolm Farmer. "It is during times such as these that - while we all may be apart from one another - we can also come together to accomplish great things. In fact, it is in times such as these that we need to do exactly that - come together metaphorically to accomplish great things."
As of today, both Plano ISD and Lewisville ISD plan to utilize the Legends' program. For more information or to join the program, please contact Malcolm Farmer at [email protected]
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 20, 2020
- Legends Host Virtual P.E. Classes for Local School Districts - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- PRJKT VET Logo to Go on Legends' Court
- Legends Build "ConNEXTions" Youth Mentorship Program
- Texas Pro Sports Teams and Civic Organizations Unite with #TexasTeamUp Campaign to Encourage Voter Turnout in the Lone Star State
- Legends' Home Comerica Center to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election
- Legends Host Voter Registration Event Sep. 22nd