Lauren Barnes and Bev Yanez Named to NWSL Team of the Month
TACOMA, WASH. - The National Women's Soccer League announced today that Reign FC defender Lauren Barnes and midfielder Bev Yanez had been named to the NWSL Team of the Month for September. The two players helped the club go 3-1-1 through the month, clinching a spot in the NWSL Playoffs.
The NWSL Team of the Month is selected each month of the regular season by the NWSL Media Association, a collection of writers that cover the league on a consistent basis.
Captain Lauren Barnes has been a massive presence on the back line for Reign FC, winning 71 percent of her tackles and completing 80 percent of her tackles. The defender has conceded eight fouls in 1,980 minutes on the pitch for the club this season.
Yanez scored her first goal of the season to help the club to a 3-1 win over the Orlando Pride on September 7. The midfielder has started 20 of her 21 appearances this season, boasting a 71.2 percent passing rate in 1,746 minutes of play.
Started in 2017, the Team of the Month award recognizes the 11 players who have performed the best in a given month of the NWSL season. It is the first selection to the team of the month for both players.
Reign FC finish the regular season on the road against the Orlando Pride on Saturday, October 12 at 4:30 p.m. PT.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from October 3, 2019
- Storylines: Pride vs. Washington Spirit - Orlando Pride
- Pride Begin Two-Game Home Stand this Weekend against Washington - Orlando Pride
- Debinha, Hinkle, and Williams Named to NWSL Team of the Month - North Carolina Courage
- Lauren Barnes and Bev Yanez Named to NWSL Team of the Month - OL Reign
- Chicago Red Stars Sam Kerr Headlines NWSL Team of the Month - NWSL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.