Las Vegas Waives Holmes, Burdick, Slaughter. Hamby Joins Team from Overseas
LAS VEGAS -The Las Vegas Aces announced today that the team has waived forwards Cierra Burdick and Ivey Slaughter, and guard/forward Sequoia Holmes. Forward Dearica Hamby is expected to join the Aces this evening.
Holmes is a three-year WNBA veteran and Las Vegas native, who signed with the San Antonio Stars last season and averaged 3.3 points per game. Her previous stints in the WNBA were in 2008 with the Houston Comets, and in 2010 with the Phoenix Mercury.
Burdick signed with the San Antonio Stars late in the 2017 season after a brief stint with New York earlier that year, and two seasons in Atlanta with the Dream. She has averaged 2.8 points and 1.8 rebounds in 29 games in the WNBA, while shooting 47.1 percent from the field.
Slaughter was one of the last players cut from New York's training camp a year ago following a standout career at Florida State where she helped the Seminoles to an Elite 8 appearance as a senior. She spent the 2017-18 season playing for PINKK-PECSI in the Hungarian League.
Hamby is entering her fourth year in the WNBA, and spent the 2017-18 season playing in Italy. She led her Ragusa team to the Italian League Finals, where they fell three games to two to Familia Schio.
Hamby was drafted by the San Antonio Stars in the first round of the 2015 WNBA Draft, and is averaging 7.5 points and 4.4 rebounds per game in her career.
Las Vegas tips off its first season of WNBA competition at Mandalay Bay Events Center on Sunday, May 27 at 5:30 pm PT. Tickets may be purchased at LasVegasAces.com. For additional information about the Aces please visit LasVegasAces.com or follow on social media via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from May 16, 2018
- Atlanta Dream Waive Mackenzie Engram, Adaora Elonu - Atlanta Dream
- Jewell Loyd, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis Ink Multi-Year Extensions with Seattle - Seattle Storm
- Las Vegas Waives Holmes, Burdick, Slaughter. Hamby Joins Team from Overseas - Las Vegas Aces
- Seattle Storm Waives Khaalia Hillsman and Brittany McPhee - Seattle Storm
- WNBA Season Preview Special Airs on SiriusXM May 17 - WNBA
- 2018 WNBA.com GM Survey: Los Angeles Predicted to Win Championship - WNBA
- ESPN Tips off the 2018 WNBA Season on May 20 - WNBA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Aces Stories
- Aces Pull Even with Dallas with 85-72 Victory over New York
- Aces Host Liberty Wednesday Evening with Playoff Hopes on Line
- Aces Move to Within a Half Game of Dallas as Wings Fall, 96-76, at Connecticut
- Aces Move to Within One Game of Wings with Dallas' 93-80 Loss to Mystics
- Aces Keep Playoff Hopes Alive with 18-Point Victory over Visiting Indiana