Las Vegas Finalizes 2019 Opening Day Roster
LAS VEGAS - The Las Vegas Aces finalized their 2019 opening day roster this afternoon, waiving center Kelsey Bone and guard/forward Jaime Nared.
Bone signed with the Aces as a free agent a year ago, playing in 32 of 33 games, and starting 10 contests. She connected on 50-percent of her shots from the field, and averaged 2.8 points, 2.2 rebounds and 1.2 assists on the year.
In her five-year WNBA career, the 2015 All-Star owns averages of 8.1 points and 4.6 rebounds. Her best season came during her All-Star campaign when she averaged 15.4 points and 6.3 rebounds for the Connecticut Sun.
The Aces selected Nared with the 13th overall pick in the 2018 WNBA Draft. As a rookie, the Tennessee grad played in 31 games, averaging 2.5 points and 1.5 rebounds per game.
Las Vegas tips off its second season of WNBA competition at Mandalay Bay Events Center on Sunday, May 26 at 5 pm PT. The Aces are also hosting AT&T WNBA All-Star Game 2019 on Saturday, July 27. Tickets to All-Star, as well as season, group, single game and flex plan ticket packages may be purchased at LasVegasAces.com. For additional information about the Aces please visit LasVegasAces.com or follow on social media via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
2019 Numerical Roster
Updated May 23
## Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Date Of Birth Exp. College Hometown
0 Jackie Young G 6-0 165 September 16, 1997 R Notre Dame Princeton, IN
1 Tamera Young F 6-2 175 October 30, 1986 11 James Madison Wilmington, NC
4 Carolyn Swords C 6-6 215 July 19, 1989 7 Boston College Sudbury, MA
5 Dearica Hamby F 6-3 189 November 6, 1993 4 Wake Forest Atlanta, GA
8 Liz Cambage C 6-8 216 August 18, 1991 3 Australia
10 Kelsey Plum G 5-8 145 August 24, 1994 2 Washington San Diego, CA
14 Sugar Rodgers G 5-9 161 December 8, 1989 6 Georgetown Suffolk, VA
19 JiSu Park C 6-5 206 December 6, 1998 1 South Korea
21 Kayla McBride G 5-10 174 June 25, 1992 5 Notre Dame Erie, PA
22 A'ja Wilson C 6-4 195 August 8, 1996 1 South Carolina Hopkins, SC
51 Sydney Colson G 5-8 140 August 6, 1989 5 Texas A&M Houston, TX
Head Coach Bill Laimbeer (Notre Dame '79)
Assistant Coach Vickie Johnson (Louisiana Tech '96)
Assistant Coach Kelly Raimon (UConn, '01)
Pronunciation Guide pro-NUN-c-A-shun GUYD 1 Tamera Young TAM-uh-ruh 5 Dearica Hamby d-AIR-ick-uh HAM-b
8 Carolyn Swords SOARDS
8 Liz Cambage cam-BAYZH
19 JiSu Park G SUE
22 A'ja Wilson A-zhuh (like the continent, Asia)
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from May 23, 2019
- Las Vegas Finalizes 2019 Opening Day Roster - Las Vegas Aces
- New York Liberty Waive Avery Warley-Talbert - New York Liberty
- Phoenix Mercury Announces 2019 Opening Night Roster - Phoenix Mercury
- Minnesota Lynx Finalize 2019 Roster - Minnesota Lynx
- Mystics Announce Broadcast Schedule - Washington Mystics
- Wings Open Regular Season in Atlanta - Dallas Wings
- Mystics Set Final Roster - Washington Mystics
- NBA TV's 45-Game 2019 WNBA Schedule Tips off with Indiana Fever at New York Liberty Friday, May 24 - WNBA
- Sun Announce Final Roster - Connecticut Sun
- Chicago Sky Waives Victoria Macaulay, Linnae Harper, Hind Ben Abdelkader - Chicago Sky
- Sun Waive Hiedeman - Connecticut Sun
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Aces Stories
- Dearica Hamby Pours in Career-High 27 as Aces Top Wings, 86-68
- Las Vegas Looks to Get Back on Winning Track with 7:30 PM PT Tip Saturday vs. Dallas
- Washington Mystics End Las Vegas Aces Winning Streak, 95-72
- Las Vegas Puts the Best Defense in the League up against the Best Offense as the Aces Host Washington Thursday at 7 Pm PT
- Las Vegas Aces Throwing Thursday All The Way Back To The '90s