Las Vegas Falls to Dallas, 68-55, in Final Preseason Tune Up
Dallas, TX (May 13, 2018)- The Las Vegas Aces got a near double-double (9 points, 12 rebounds) from number one draft pick A'ja Wilson, and erased a 16-point third quarter deficit, but the Dallas Wings recovered in the fourth for the eventual 68-55 victory.
It was the final preseason tune up for both squads. Las Vegas begins its 2018 regular season on the road at Connecticut on Sunday, May 20. Tip is slated for 10 am PT.
Dallas led 14-12 with 3:33 to go in the first half, and scored eight straight to take their first double-digit lead of the day, 22-12. Glory Johnson scored the first five points in the run on a three-pointer and a turnaround jumper, while Saniya Chong capped it off with a three-pointer.
Las Vegas trailed 43-27 with 8:03 to go in the third, but the Aces scored 17 of the next 18 points to tie the score at 44. Tamera Young scored 11 straight points for Las Vegas during the run. The only Wings point was a Johnson free throw.
Dallas outscored the Aces 8-2 to close out the third quarter, en route to the 13-point win.
Dallas outshot Las Vegas 33.3% to 25.7% from the field.
The Aces forced the Wings into committing 21 turnovers and converted them into 11 points.
Las Vegas was 0 for 2 from three-point range, while Dallas was 6 for 19.
Dallas blocked 14 Aces' shots on the night.
A'ja Wilson averaged 14.5 points and 9.5 rebounds in the preseason for the Aces.
Carolyns Swords didn't to travel due to injury
The Aces are still without the services of Kayla McBride, Kelsey Plum and Dearica Hamby, Hamby concluded her season in Italy today, falling in game five of the finals, 62-54 (box score).
Las Vegas tips off its first season of WNBA competition at Mandalay Bay Events Center on Sunday, May 27 at 5 pm PT. Tickets may be purchased at LasVegasAces.com. For additional information about the Aces please visit LasVegasAces.com or follow on social media via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from May 13, 2018
- Las Vegas Falls to Dallas, 68-55, in Final Preseason Tune Up - Las Vegas Aces
- Atlanta Dream Waive Rosemarie Julien - Atlanta Dream
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Aces Stories
- The Aces' Carolyn Swords Wants You to Register to Vote
- Las Vegas' Wilson, Plum Make Penultimate Cut for 2018 USA Basketball Women's World Cup Team
- Wilson, Plum Among 16 Finalists Named for 2018 USA Basketball Women's World Cup Team
- A'Ja Wilson Unanimous Selection for 2018 WNBA Rookie of the Year
- A'ja Wilson, Kelsey Plum Join USA Basketball Women's National Team