Las Vegas Aces Come Back from Down 14 to Topple Minnesota, 80-75
MINNEAPOLIS, MN (June 16, 2019)- Las Vegas dug itself an early 14-point hole Sunday night against the Minnesota Lynx, but the Aces (4-3) put together a 14-0 late in the fourth quarter, and emerged with an 80-75 victory.
Minnesota led 72-64 with 4:47 to go in the game following a Damiris Dantas layup. Las Vegas scored the next 14 points on a Cambage layup, three-pointers by Kayla McBride and Kelsey Plum, four Cambage free throws, and a pair of McBride freebies.
Minnesota scored 19 of the first 25 points of the game.
It was still a 35-24 Lynx lead with 2:44 to go in the first half, but Las Vegas ended the period on an 11-4 run to head into the locker room down 39-35.
The Aces scored the first three points of the second half to close to within one, and tied the game on a Sugar Rodgers three-pointer with 32 seconds to go in the third quarter.
Las Vegas went 24 for 27 from the free throw line, while the Lynx went 9 for 10.
Minnesota was whistled for 23 fouls, while the Aces were called for 13.
The Aces moved over the ,500 mark for just the second time this year. It is the latest the franchise has been above .500 since the 2014 season when they were in San Antonio.
The 14-point deficit which the Aces overcame is the largest deficit from which the team has come back since moving to Las Vegas.
Liz Cambage scored in double digits for the 38th consecutive game, which is the longest active streak in the WNBA (14 Points)
Kayla McBride made a three-pointer for the 24th consecutive game, which is the second longest active streak in the WNBA (Diana Taurasi, 44 straight games).
Kayla McBride had her streak of consecutive made free throws snapped at 22.
Sydney Colson returned to the Aces lineup after missing the team's game (June 14 vs. New York) with a concussion.
The Aces improved to 2-18 during their two years in Las Vegas when getting outshot by an opponent.
The Aces return home for a Thursday, June 20 meeting with the Washington Mystics beginning at 7:00 pm PT.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from June 16, 2019
- Las Vegas Aces Come Back from Down 14 to Topple Minnesota, 80-75 - Las Vegas Aces
- Las Vegas Aces Try to Move Above .500 Sunday with 4 PM PT Meeting with Minnesota - Las Vegas Aces
- Wings Drop Dream 74-61, Notch Season's First Win - Dallas Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Aces Stories
- Las Vegas Aces' A'ja Wilson to Serve as Grand Marshal for 15th Annual Las Vegas Great Santa Run
- Las Vegas Aces and Zappos.Com Partner with Area High School Girls Basketball Teams for Lace up Mentorship Program
- Aces, A'ja Wilson Team up with NIKE to Grow the Game for Girls in Las Vegas
- October 17, 2019 Proclaimed "The Las Vegas Aces Day in the City of Las Vegas"
- Las Vegas Aces Jackie Young Scores Game-High 9, But USAB Falls, 14-12, to Brazil in Quarterfinals