Lancers Partner with TeamMates for 2013-14 Season
RALSTON, NE - The Omaha Lancers of the United States Hockey League (USHL) are pleased to announce the team's partnership with TeamMates Mentoring Program for the 2013-2014 season. Founded by Tom and Nancy Osborne in 1991, TeamMates Mentoring Program currently provides a mentor for over 6,400 youth across Nebraska and Iowa.
"We're incredibly excited to be entering into this partnership with TeamMates," said Lancers' President/Managing Partner Ben Robert. "As an organization, TeamMates is doing incredible things and we want to simply encourage in any way we can the outstanding progress they're making towards providing mentors for the youth of Nebraska and Iowa."
As part of this partnership, TeamMates will receive complimentary tickets for the mentors and mentees of each of its chapters to attend one of three select Lancers games during the upcoming season. October 27, February 23 and March 16 will be TeamMates Sundays this season while Saturday, January 4 will be a special night dedicated to highlighting the work currently being done by TeamMates.
In honor of this special evening, TeamMates co-founders Tom and Nancy Osborne will be in attendance while the Lancers will be wearing specialty TeamMates-themed jerseys, which will then be auctioned off following their contest against their arch rivals, the Lincoln Stars. All the proceeds from the jersey auction will then go directly to Teammates Mentoring Program. Finally, an opportunity to watch Omaha's showdown with Lincoln from the owner's suite alongside Tom and Nancy Osborne will be one of many incredible auction items up for bid at TeamMates Tailgate Gala Auction on Friday, November 1 at the Embassy Suites in La Vista.
"We are really excited about our partnership with the Omaha Lancers," says Suzanne Hince, TeamMates Executive Director. "The Lancers have great fans who we hope will consider becoming volunteer mentors for kids in our community who need positive adults in their lives."
For more information on the TeamMates Tailgate Gala or to become a mentor, visit www.teammates.org.
The Lancers kick off their 28th season of operation this Friday when Omaha welcomes the Fargo Force to Ralston Arena. Opening puck drop is set for 7:05 PM with a Fan Fest to begin at 5:00 pm in front of the arena. For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit www.lancers.com or www.homepridetix.com.
In 2013-14, the five-time Anderson Cup and seven-time Clark Cup Champion Omaha Lancers drop the puck on their 28th season in the USHL. Season ticket packages for the Lancers' second campaign at the state-of-the-art Ralston Arena are available now starting at just $12.50 per game! To reserve your seats, contact the Lancers' ticket office today at 402-344-7825, extension 1, or log on to www.lancers.com for more information. Be sure to follow the Lancers on Twitter @OmahaLancers and don't forget to 'Like' the official "Omaha Lancers" fan page on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from September 26, 2013
- Phantoms Look to Repeat Playoff Success against Green Bay in Home Opener - Youngstown Phantoms
- Stampede Select-A-Seat/Hockey 101 Night Set for October 2 - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Cowbell Cup Rivalry Renewed - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Matt Nelson Traded - Green Bay Gamblers
- Phantoms Notebook - Youngstown Phantoms
- Prairie Farms Cowbell Cup Play Opens Friday in Waterloo - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Lancers Acquire Defenseman Matt Nelson from Green Bay - Omaha Lancers
- Musketeers 2013-14 Captains Announced - Sioux City Musketeers
- Saints & American Trust Launch Bernie and Earny Kids Club - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Lancers Partner with TeamMates for 2013-14 Season - Omaha Lancers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Omaha Lancers Stories
- Lancers Add Forward Harrison Roy
- Kalle Eriksson Commits to University of New Hampshire
- Lancers Capitalize in Sunday Tilt over Aces, 4-3
- Prokop Named to 2019 USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game Roster
- Two Former Lancers Named to Preliminary Team USA World Junior Championship Roster