Lakeland Magic Receive City Proclamation Recognizing Lakeland Magic NBA G League Champions Day
Today, Lakeland Mayor Bill Mutz presented a city proclamation recognizing March 11th, the day the Magic won the league title, as Lakeland Magic 2021 NBA G League Champions Day. The proclamation was accepted by Lakeland Magic Managing Partner & Orlando Magic CEO Alex Martins, Team President Hans Steinbrenner, and General Manager Anthony Parker.
Alex Martins shared remarks about the team's first NBA G League title and excitement for next season. The championship trophy and team mascot, Swish, were also on hand to celebrate the occasion.
The Magic will play their fifth season in Lakeland beginning this November and expect to host fans at the RP Funding Center at full capacity. As the reigning NBA G League champions, the Magic have planned a number of festivities and giveaways throughout the upcoming season. 2021-22 season and group tickets are available by calling 863-825-3263 or visiting LakelandMagic.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from May 17, 2021
- Lakeland Magic Receive City Proclamation Recognizing Lakeland Magic NBA G League Champions Day - Lakeland Magic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lakeland Magic Stories
- Lakeland Magic Announce First Home Game Dates for 2021-22 Season
- Lakeland Magic Receive City Proclamation Recognizing Lakeland Magic NBA G League Champions Day
- Lakeland Magic Players Receive First Team All-NBA G League, All-Defensive Team and All-Rookie Team Honors
- Lakeland Magic and Mosaic to Donate $50,100 to Fight Local Hunger
- Stan Heath Named NBA G League Coach of the Year