LAFC Transfers Defender Omar Gaber to Egyptian Side Pyramids FC
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) announced today that the Club has transferred defender Omar Gaber to Pyramids FC of the Egyptian Premier League after exercising the player's option from FC Basel.
In his first season in MLS, Gaber appeared in seven matches, making two starts for LAFC. He was a member of the Egyptian National Team that appeared in the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
"Omar is a great player and person," EVP of Soccer Operations and General Manager John Thorrington said. "He made us aware of a family matter in Egypt and we were able to accommodate his move with a deal that makes sense financially for the Club. We wish him all the best in the next step of his career."
Gaber initially joined the Black & Gold as a Discovery Player using Targeted Allocation Money (TAM) on a one-year loan from FC Basel on November 21, 2017.
"We would like to thank Omar for his contributions to the Club," said LAFC Head Coach Bob Bradley. "We wish him great success as he continues his career back in Egypt."
LAFC (10-4-4; 34 points) is off to the best start in MLS expansion team history since 1998, and returns to action this Sunday, July 15 against Western Conference foe Portland Timbers. Kickoff at Banc of California Stadium is scheduled for 3:00 p.m. PT on ESPN and ESPN Deportes, as well as on ESPNLA 710 AM (English) and KFWB 980 AM. (Spanish).
TRANSACTION - Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) transfers defender Omar Gaber to Pyramids FC.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 12, 2018
- Timbers Weekly Update: July 12, 2018 - Portland Timbers
- Kerri Walsh Jennings' Event Series p1440 Announces Avaya Stadium as San Jose Venue - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Foundation to Co-Host First Street Soccer USA Cup - Los Angeles - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Partners with Purple - Real Salt Lake
- Earthquakes Goalkeeper JT Marcinkowski Selected to 2018 MLS Homegrown Game Roster - San Jose Earthquakes
- Andrew Carleton, Lagos Kunga Named to 2018 MLS Homegrown Roster - Atlanta United FC
- Sean Melvin Named to MLS Homegrown Game Roster - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Liam Fraser Named to the 2018 MLS Homegrown Game - Toronto FC
- Timbers Defender Marco Farfan Named to Roster for 2018 MLS Homegrown Game - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Efrain Alvarez Named to Roster for 2018 MLS Homegrown Game Presented by Energizer - LA Galaxy
- Ben Mines Selected to Play in MLS Homegrown Game Presented by Energizer - New York Red Bulls
- Kuzain and Lindsey Named to MLS Homegrown Game Roster - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake FW Sebastian Saucedo Named to the 2018 MLS Homegrown Game - Real Salt Lake
- Reggie Cannon and Paxton Pomykal Named to 2018 MLS Homegrown Game Presented by Energizer - FC Dallas
- U.S., Mexico and Canada Youth National Team Stars Highlight Roster for 2018 MLS Homegrown Game Presented by Energizer - MLS
- Four Philadelphia Union Players Named to 2018 MLS Homegrown Game Roster - Philadelphia Union
- LAFC Transfers Defender Omar Gaber to Egyptian Side Pyramids FC - Los Angeles FC
- Chicago Fire Signs Argentine Defender NicolÃ¡s Del Grecco - Chicago Fire
- Match Preview: New York and Sporting Kansas Square off on Saturday - New York Red Bulls
- Chicago Fire Fall 4-3 to Philadelphia Union - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Signs Three Players Ahead of 2019 Season
- LAFC Named to Fast Company's Annual List of the World's Most Innovative Companies for 2019
- LAFC Acquires 23-Year-Old Goalkeeper Pablo Sisniega
- LAFC Drops 3-0 Contest against San Jose Earthquakes on Saturday Afternoon
- Banc of California Stadium to Host El Salvador vs. Guatemala on March 6