LAFC to Face the San Jose Earthquakes Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) takes on California rival the San Jose Earthquakes tomorrow, September 2, at 8:00 p.m. PT at Banc of California Stadium. The match will be broadcast live on TUDN, UnimÃ¡s and on radio on ESPN LA 710AM, ESPN App and KFWB 980 AM.
LAFC will be looking to bounce back from consecutive regular season losses for just the third time in club history after losing 3-1 in Seattle on August 30.
Tomorrow's contest will mark the fifth regular season meeting between the two sides, with LAFC undefeated in the series with a perfect 4-0-0 regular season record against San Jose.
The Black & Gold opened the 25th MLS season with a 1-0 win over expansion side Inter Miami CF and a 3-3 draw against the Philadelphia Union before the season was suspended on March 12 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
During the MLS is Back Tournament, the Black & Gold were eliminated by Orlando City SC in the Quarterfinals by way of penalties, but not before picking up five regular season points in the group stage with draws against Houston Dynamo and Portland Timbers, and a win over the Galaxy. The Club suffered back-to-back losses to the Galaxy and Seattle Sounders in the latest regular season restart and currently sits in 7th place in the Western Conference with a 2-2-3 record (9 points).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 1, 2020
- Impact Topple Toronto - Club de Foot Montreal
- Loudoun United FC Lose 3-0 to Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC on the Road - D.C. United
- LAFC to Face the San Jose Earthquakes Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Host MiB Semifinalist Minnesota United FC - Houston Dynamo FC
- LAFC Loans Midfielder Alejandro Guido to San Diego Loyal SC - Los Angeles FC
- Inter Miami to Visit Atlanta United FC on Wednesday - Inter Miami CF
- Impact Soccer Schools Unveil Programming for 2020-21 Season - Club de Foot Montreal
- Atlanta United Kicks off Annual Unite & Conquer Cancer Month - Atlanta United FC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Houston Dynamo Notes - Minnesota United FC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. New York City FC - New England Revolution
- #SKCvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- RAVE Foundation and Seattle Storm Celebrate Opening of Renovated Recreation Space at Midway Park in Des Moines this Thursday - Seattle Sounders FC
- By the Numbers: We Meet Again - Orlando City SC
- Storylines: City vs. Nashville SC - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City Makes First Visit to Nashville SC on Wednesday - Orlando City SC
- Nashville SC's Lineup Changes Prove Effective in Win over Inter Miami CF - Nashville SC
- Preview: First-Place Sporting to Host FC Dallas on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Inter Miami CF - Atlanta United FC
- Minnesota United Signs Argentine Emanuel "Bebelo" Reynoso from Boca Juniors - Minnesota United FC
- MLS, Inter Miami CF Honor MLS's Kick Childhood Cancer Awareness Month - Inter Miami CF
- Match Preview: Atlantic Cup Rivals New York and D.C. United Clash on Wednesday - New York Red Bulls
- Continental Tire Joins Forces with Major League Soccer for 7th Annual Kick Childhood Cancer Campaign - MLS
- This Week in MLS: 15 Olympic-Eligible Americans Registered Goals or Assists in MLS Last Weekend - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Acquires $750,000 in Allocation Money and International Slot from Houston Dynamo in Exchange for Forward Corey Baird
- LAFC Ties Minnesota United 2-2
- LAFC Takes on Minnesota United Tomorrow, July 28 at Banc of California Stadium
- LAFC Acquires $1 Million in Allocation Money from Colorado in Exchange for Mark-Anthony Kaye
- LAFC Teams up with Baskin-Robbins