LAFC Re-Signs eMLS Player "RemiMartinnÃ¢ÂÂ Oregel
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) announced today the official re-signing of Martin "RemiMartinn" Oregel. The nationally ranked FIFA professional will return for the Club's second eMLS season.
To celebrate the announcement, Oregel will join UPROXX for a Friday afternoon stream featuring writer Bill DiFilippo. The stream, hosted by both LAFC Gaming and UPROXX, begins at 4:00 p.m. PT and will include an exclusive interview with Oregel.
The 23-year-old had a productive first season with the Black & Gold, qualifying in the top eight for each of the two MLS Gaming regular season events in Philadelphia and Portland. During the 2020 eMLS League Series One tournament, Oregel advanced to the live streamed portion of the event, before falling to Vancouver Whitecaps' Exraa in the quarterfinals. Oregel continued to build on a strong campaign in eMLS League Series Two defeating the Galaxy in the quarterfinal in Portland before falling in the semifinal to FC Cincinnati's Fiddle.
During the eMLS Tournament Special in Portland which featured each Club's eMLS player gaming with a first team player, Oregel defeated Godfather and Chicharito of the L.A. Galaxy alongside former LAFC forward Adama Diomande to advance to the quarterfinals. Oregel would go on to defeat Chicago Fire's BITW7 to advance to the semifinals before ultimately falling to Sporting KC's Alekzandur.
Oregel ended the 2020 season bowing out of the eMLS Cup in a semifinal loss to eventual eMLS Cup Champion New York Red Bulls. He finished the eMLS season in 5th place with a 14-5-5 record.
In addition to his exploits in official 2020 eMLS League competitions, Oregel was a major contributor to LAFC's community and charitable efforts throughout the year. He participated in seven LAFC Charity Gaming Challenges, helping the Club raise over $10k earmarked to support the fight against COVID-19 through the LAFC Foundation's Black and Gold Community Fund.
For the latest news and information, visit lafc.com/gaming and LAFC's dedicated e-sports Instagram channel @LAFCgaming and Twitter channel @LAFCgaming.
Transaction: Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) resigns eMLS player Martin "RemiMartinn" Oregel.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 11, 2020
- Sounders FC MLS Cup Matchday Notes: December 11, 2020 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Inter Miami CF Academy's Discovery Program - Inter Miami CF
- Houston Dynamo Football Club Signs H-Town Native Jordy Reyes as eMLS Athlete - Houston Dynamo
- MNUFC 2020 End of Season Roster Update - Minnesota United FC
- LAFC Re-Signs eMLS Player "RemiMartinnÃ¢ÂÂ Oregel - Los Angeles FC
- New York Red Bulls Sign NYRBII Goalkeeper Luca Lewis - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Announces 2021 Preseason Training Camp Ahead of Club's Fourth MLS Campaign
- LAFC and Real So Cal Soccer Club to Form LAFC So Cal Youth
- LAFC Gaming Announces Partnership with McDonald's of SoCal
- LAFC Loans Forward Brian Rodriguez to UD Almeria
- LAFC Signs Goalkeeper Tomas Romero