LAFC Officially Kicks off Training Camp Monday
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) announced today that the Club will officially begin preseason training camp on Monday, March 8 at the LAFC Performance Center located on the campus of Cal State LA. On March 1, LAFC players reported to the training facilities to take part in individual voluntary workouts ahead of the start of camp next week.
The Club's 2021 training camp also includes an intrasquad scrimmage on March 19, as well as a pair of friendlies against the New England Revolution on April 3 and April 10. All matches will take place at Banc of California Stadium and will be closed to the public.
DATE OPPONENT SITE TIME MEDIA PUBLIC
3/19/21 Intrasquad BOCS 10:30 a.m. Closed Closed
4/3/21 NE Revolution BOCS 11:00 a.m. TBD Closed
4/10/21 NE Revolution BOCS TBD TBD Closed
The Black & Gold enters its fourth season in MLS after reaching the Audi MLS Cup Playoffs for the third consecutive year in 2020. Since 2018, LAFC leads the League in total regular season wins (46) and points (161). The Club became the first-ever MLS team to defeat three Liga MX teams in the knockout stages of the Concacaf Champions League en route to an appearance in the 2020 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Final.
LAFC's roster is currently comprised of 26 signed players, including three goalkeepers, ten defenders, seven midfielders, and six forwards. This past offseason, the Club acquired five players: goalkeeper Tomas Romero, defenders Marco Farfan, Kim Moon-hwan, midfielder Raheem Edwards and forward Corey Baird. LAFC also announced that all three 2021 MLS SuperDraft selections have been invited to the start of camp.
Due to health and safety protocols from California and the L.A. Department of Public Health, a limited amount of media members will be accredited for each match. Following the release of the 2021 MLS schedule, credential applications will be accepted and reviewed on a game-by-game basis, and media members must apply one match at a time. Every effort will be given to ensure media members who regularly attend LAFC matches will get to attend as many matches as possible. More information regarding credential process will be distributed in the coming weeks.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 5, 2021
- LAFC Statement on Revised Guidelines - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy President Chris Klein and Dignity Health Sports Park General Manager Katie Pandolfo on Fans Being Allowed at Outdoor Sporting Events Starting April 1 - LA Galaxy
- City Unveils 2021 Thick N Thin Home Kit Pres. by Orlando Health - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes Issue Statement on Fans Being Allowed at Outdoor Sporting Events Starting April 1 - San Jose Earthquakes
- New York Red Bulls Sign Under-20 USMNT Winger Cameron Harper - New York Red Bulls
- LAFC Officially Kicks off Training Camp Monday - Los Angeles FC
- Minnesota United Announces Preseason Schedule - Minnesota United FC
- Toronto FC to Start MLS Season in Florida - Toronto FC
- New England Revolution Announce 2021 Preseason Schedule - New England Revolution
- Philadelphia Union Re-Sign Goalkeeper Joe Bendik - Philadelphia Union
- Dan Lovitz Ready for "Different Mountain to Climb" in 2021 - Nashville SC
- LA Galaxy Announce 2021 Preseason Schedule and Roster - LA Galaxy
- Colorado Rapids Sign Forward Diego Rubio to Two-Year Contract Extension - Colorado Rapids
- Colorado Rapids Sign Homegrown Defender Sam Vines to Four-Year Contract Extension - Colorado Rapids
- New England Revolution Sign 2021 MLS SuperDraft Pick Forward Edward Kizza - New England Revolution
- Major League Soccer Statement on Inter Miami CF Player Payment Investigation - MLS
- Pareja Flush with Forwards as Camp Begins - Orlando City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC, Estrella Media Announce Renewal and Expansion of Spanish-Language Broadcast TV Partnership
- LAFC Wrap up Preseason, Play New England to 3-3 Draw
- LAFC Hosts New England in Final Preseason Match Saturday at Banc of California Stadium
- LAFC to Host over 700 Vaccinated Essential Workers at Saturday's Preseason Match
- LAFC Launches Innovative New Website