LAFC Named to Fast Company's Annual List of the World's Most Innovative Companies for 2019
LAFC has been named to Fast Company's prestigious annual list of the World's Most Innovative Companies for 2019. LAFC tops the Live Events category of the list. Since its inception, LAFC has been defined by its creative approach to technology, partnerships and sustainability. The club joins only a handful of sports organizations to have earned this prestigious recognition.
The list honors the businesses making the most profound impact on both industry and culture, showcasing a variety of ways to thrive in today's volatile world.
"It is a true honor to be recognized by Fast Company as one of the most Innovative Companies in the world," LAFC President and Co-Owner Tom Penn said. "From the beginning, we focused on taking chances and building an organization obsessed with what is new and next and forward. Thanks to our fans, Supporters and the 3252, there is nothing like experiencing an LAFC match at Banc of California Stadium."
Fast Company has had the Live Events category since 2015, and LAFC is the first professional sports team to be recognized in that specialty. Previous companies recognized as the top ranking in the Live Events category are Populous (2018), WME-IMG (2017), Periscope (2016) and WeWork (2015).
LAFC has quickly established itself as a force in the Los Angeles sports landscape, selling-out every MLS game at the state-of-the art, 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium. Overall, 452,864 fans enjoyed games at the new stadium in The Heart of Los Angeles, which provided a unique and special atmosphere unlike anything in North American sports.
Additionally, LAFC helped redefine how a professional sports club interacts with its community, as Banc of California Stadium includes 125,000 square feet of publicly accessible plazas and open space. The club used local workers in both the construction and operation of its new South Los Angeles home and has made millions in investments aimed at impacting the South Los Angeles community.
LAFC has also worked hard to set new standards for environmental stewardship. Its new stadium is LEED Silver certified, transit friendly and includes parking infrastructure that is equipped to handle up to 20 percent electric vehicle. The club partnered with Metro for a first-of-its-kind activation to distribute LAFC branded Metro cards throughout Los Angeles, making it possible for fans to take public transportation to games. LAFC's television deal was a first of its kind in North American professional sports - a deal with YouTube to provide exclusive live coverage to the streaming service.
This year, Fast Company's editors and writers sought out groundbreaking businesses across 35 industries and every region. They also judged nominations received through their application process.
The World's Most Innovative Companies is Fast Company's signature franchise and one of its most highly anticipated editorial efforts of the year. It provides both a snapshot and a road map for the future of innovation across the most dynamic sectors of the economy.
Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies issue (March-April 2019) is now available online at https://www.fastcompany.com/MIC, as well as in app form via iTunes and on newsstands beginning February 27th. The hashtag is #fcmostinnovative.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 20, 2019
- Montreal Draws 0-0 against the Tampa Bay Rowdies - Club de Foot Montreal
- Orlando Claims Inaugural Orlando City Invitational Trophy - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Continue Mobile Mini Sun Cup against Phoenix Rising FC - Portland Timbers
- Revolution Fall to Orlando City SC in Final Match of Orlando City Invitational - New England Revolution
- Lamah's late goal equalizes as Orange and Blue stay atop Carolina Challenge Cup standings - FC Cincinnati
- Red Bulls Take Road Victory in SCCL Leg 1 - New York Red Bulls
- Chicago Fire Battle FC Cincinnati to a 1-1 Draw in Carolina Challenge Cup - Chicago Fire FC
- Acosta, Rosenberry and Rubio Pen Long-Term Deals with Colorado - Colorado Rapids
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Club Nacional (International Friendly) - February 20, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Fan-Focused Menu Options Coming to Houston Dynamo & Dash Home Games - Houston Dynamo FC
- LA Galaxy Announce Loans for Bradford Jamieson IV and Joao Pedro - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Beats Real Salt Lake 2-1 - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Falls 2-1 to FC Dallas in Mobile Mini Sun Cup - Real Salt Lake
- Timbers Acquire Paraguayan International Jorge Moreira on Loan - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Opens 2019 MLS Season with Innovative Culinary Enhancements at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- Sounders FC Announces Complete Regional Broadcast Lineup for 2019 Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy and Dignity Health Sports Park Name El Silencio Their Exclusive Mezcal Partner - LA Galaxy
- LA Galaxy Partner with On the Ball to Provide Complimentary Feminine Hygiene Products - LA Galaxy
- LAFC Named to Fast Company's Annual List of the World's Most Innovative Companies for 2019 - Los Angeles FC
- Late Goal Gives Dynamo Crucial 1-0 Win on the Road in Champions League - Houston Dynamo FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- Cristian Arango Hat Trick Leads LAFC Past Dallas
- Ford & KCCLA Level up Excitement & Entertainment for LAFC vs. Seattle Match on October 26
- LAFC Defeat San Jose Earthquakes 3-1
- Proof of Vaccination Or Negative COVID-19 Test Result Required at Dignity Health Sports Park Events Beginning October 8
- LAFC Announces Date Change for Home Match against Vancouver