LAFC Launches "Women in Sports Week"
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) will launch "Women In Sports Week' in the days leading up to the Club's second annual "Women in Sports Night', on Thursday, May 16 when LAFC hosts FC Dallas at Banc of California Stadium at 7:00 p.m. PT.
The Black & Gold will host activities all week leading up to the Club's home match against FC Dallas, beginning with a Ladies of LAFC watch party on Saturday, May 11 at The Parlor on Melrose to watch LAFC take on the Columbus Crew SC in Ohio. The Parlor is an original member of LAFC's Heineken Bar Partner program.
The Fields LA will host a specialty Mother's Day Brunch on Sunday, May 12 from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. PT. The brunch features an unlimited buffet including brunch classics, specialty items, bottomless mimosas and unlimited dessert.
The Club is set to host its second annual "Women in Sports Night' at Banc of California Stadium on Thursday, May 16 during the LAFC vs. FC Dallas match, where LAFC will honor and celebrate women with several activations throughout the evening.
During the match, co-owner and U.S. Soccer legend Mia Hamm will lead a special "Women in Sports' recognition event at halftime alongside other notable female athletes, including members of the Los Angeles Sparks. The Sparks will have the 2016 WNBA Championship trophy on display and players available for autographs and photographs in the South Concourse from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. PT. Five-time WNBA All-Star and 2016 WNBA Most Valuable Player Nneka Ogwumike will serve as the Honorary Falconer during pre-match activities.
The week culminates with an LAFC Street Team activation at Girls Play L.A. Sports Day at the Westwood Recreation Center on Saturday, May 18. Girls Play L.A. Sports Day, put on by Los Angeles Recreation & Parks, will feature basketball, soccer, tennis and volleyball sports clinics. Fans are encouraged to come out for clinics, activities, free prizes, live music and food.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 9, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: May 9, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Philadelphia Union Receive $175,000 in General Allocation Money from Nashville SC - Philadelphia Union
- LAFC Launches "Women in Sports Week" - Los Angeles FC
- New York Red Bulls Sign New York Native Alex Muyl to New MLS Contract - New York Red Bulls
- Know Your Opponent | Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- LAFC Announces Community Partnership with WSS - Los Angeles FC
- Brad Friedel Relieved of Duties as New England Revolution Head Coach - New England Revolution
- LAFC Announces Time Change for Home Match against Galaxy - Los Angeles FC
- TeleXitos to Televise Dynamo Away Games in Spanish - Houston Dynamo
- Time Changed for Columbus Home Game - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC Announces Time Change for August 25th Road Match against FC Cincinnati - Columbus Crew SC
- Impact Comes from Behind to Defeat Red Bulls 2-1 in New Jersey - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC to Host San Jose Earthquakes in Round of 16 of U.S. Open Cup on Thursday, June 20
- LAFC Defeats Real Salt Lake 3-0 to Advance in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup
- LAFC Announces Angel City Brewery as the Club'sofficial Craft Beer Partner
- LAFC Travels to Face Real Salt Lake in the Fourth Round of the U.S. Open Cup on Tuesday, June 11
- LAFC Transfers Midfielder Andrehorta to SC Braga