LAFC Falls 4-2 to Columbus Crew SC in Third Preseason Contest
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) fell 4-2 against Columbus Crew SC at Banc of California Stadium on Monday afternoon. LAFC would get on the scoresheet first following an own goal by Crew defender Harrison Afful in the 7th minute. Just over half an hour later, the visitors would tie things up through forward Patrick Mullins.
Moments after the restart, LAFC would once again take the lead. Trialist Adrian Perez fed Lee Nguyen in on goal, and the midfielder finished calmly to the bottom right corner in the 47th minute. Crew SC would immediately tie the game a minute later after JJ Williams poked a ball past Phillip Ejimadu. Williams would score his second of the game in the 76th minute, before Justin Meram made it four for Columbus in the 90th minute.
Next up for LAFC is a meeting with the reigning MLS Cup Champions Atlanta United FC on Sunday, February 10 at 1:00 p.m. PT at Banc of California Stadium. The match is closed to the public but will remain open to media.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 4, 2019
- LAFC Falls 4-2 to Columbus Crew SC in Third Preseason Contest - Los Angeles FC
- Whitecaps FC and Defender Marcel De Jong Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Timbers Open 2019 Preseason Slate with Win over Deportivo Saprissa - Portland Timbers
- LAFC Partial Ticket Plans and Single Match Tickets Available this Week - Los Angeles FC
- Minnesota Native Eric Miller Re-Signs with MNUFC - Minnesota United FC
- EMLS League Series Two Set for National Soccer Hall of Fame - Orlando City SC
- Real Salt Lake Signs Liberian FW Sam Johnson as a Designated Player - Real Salt Lake
- Sporting KC Unveils New Jersey for 2019 Season - Sporting Kansas City
- Columbus Crew SC Unveils New Gold Kit for 2019, Announces Individual Match Tickets Now Available for Sale - Columbus Crew SC
- New York City FC Sign Romanian International Alexandru Mitrita - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.